We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather 8/22 - 8/29

Northampton, PA
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Weather 8/22 - 8/29

Hello everyone! I've been reading this forum for awhile and am considering heading down to KW next Saturday for a week. Has anyone heard whether any of the tropical storms (Ana, Bill, other) will be hitting the Keys? How bad does it have to be for an evacuation to occur?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
9,025 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather 8/22 - 8/29

Ana is looking like a non-issue (it's dissipating) and Bill seems likely to stay far out at sea. It might possibly provide the Atlantic coast with an impressive swell.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
435 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather 8/22 - 8/29

We are headed there for the same time, and have been watching the forecasts with great interest. We'll go anyway, unless they issue a mandatory evacuation, which looks unlikely.........

A little wind and rain will not keep us away.....!

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,890 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather 8/22 - 8/29

A little early to tell

Baltimore
Level Contributor
184 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather 8/22 - 8/29

I'm in the same boat as you - I'm heading down on the 25th. Hopefully, all the storms pop up this week and the storms let up for a few weeks.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,022 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather 8/22 - 8/29

The five day forecast is calling for a 30% chance of T'showers. This maens it might rain once during the day on Key West but those showers could just as well be off shore someplace. 30%, even 40% chance is usually no cause to worry.

Pjk

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,211 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather 8/22 - 8/29

I just looked up the weather and for the next 10 days there are only T storms forcast.

Chester County, PA
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather 8/22 - 8/29

Nothing to worry about. Ana rolled over and went to sleep, and Bill is heading north.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but considering where Key West is, and it's been 87 years...who knows?

www.keywest.com/attractions/ourladyshrine.htm

We're supposed to ride the bike to OBX on Saturday...so maybe passing along the link will bring us a little good fortune!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,022 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather 8/22 - 8/29

I've been doing a Sunday river ride. Starting from Plainsboro I go over to the river just below Titusville and Washington Crosing, then head north. Past Lambertville, Parlsville, Stockton and Bull Island, all the way to Frenchtown. I cross there and come back on the Pa side, back to Stockton to cross back to NJ. Then back to I95 and west to Plainsboro.

It's about 80 miles and you can't get going too fast on most of the roads, but it's a nice ride. Nicer in the fall with changing leaves and you can see mre of the river. Me and the Monster.

Pjk

Northampton, PA
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather 8/22 - 8/29

Thanks, all. We've booked our place at Southernmost on the Beach. Looks like Ana is a non-event and Bill is heading toward Bermuda, although we'll keep our eye on that. This is our first trip to KW and from what I have read on here my expectations are pretty high! Can't wait!

10. Re: Weather 8/22 - 8/29

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 06:17