We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smilin Bob's Fish Dip

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Smilin Bob's Fish Dip

Oh thank GOODNESS! AT last I ran into Bob, who in my opinion makes ONE OF THE BEST fish dips in the world, and I said, "Other than buying it at Cole's Peace Bakery, where do people get your dip? I CAN'T EVEN FIND IT WITH GOOGLE!!!!"

Yeah, I was excited. I mean, that is some dip!

He shrugged, laughed, and said, "Smilinbobs.com. It's on the label."

Momentary silence as my brain did a "doh." (Yes, I am that google-minded.)

You see, Bob knows how much I love his dip. The first time I tried it—I got it at Kermit's Key Lime Pie Shop after I heard about it after it hit the scene early this year. See, here's the big attraction. Aside from the fact that it's the best, the fish is actually smoked HERE.

So now I pick it up or have it delivered with some fresh bread for lunch pretty much all the time. And I have seen everyone writing about fish dip, and so I looked it up on google, yada yada yada, and here we are.

Yes, Smilin Bob ships. Yes, it is the website has a list of the locations you can pick it up. And yes I whole-heartedly recommend it.

Oh, how good is it REALLY? Well, let's put it this way. When I saw Bob today he let me know that Albertson's grocery began selling it recently. The store went through ten cases—like a thousand containers—over the weekend. That's a lot of fish dip! SO if you like genuine Florida Keys fish dip, caught made and smoked RIGHTCHERE, me personally—without connection to Bob other than as a de facto fish dip afficianado and fan—I'd look up Smilin Bob's.

http://smilinbobs.com/

falls church va
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smilin Bob's Fish Dip

Thanks Mike, the dip sounds good ! Gonna have to order some.

Totowa, NJ
Level Contributor
204 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smilin Bob's Fish Dip

Really sounds good, I will try it when I am down there next month

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smilin Bob's Fish Dip

So you'll be serving it at your mayoral victory party..?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
101 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smilin Bob's Fish Dip

So what's the secret recipe?

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
584 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smilin Bob's Fish Dip

I'll be hitting my local Alberston's to look for it!

Pine Island,Florida
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Smilin Bob's Fish Dip

As a born and raised Conch I can only say "yahooey" for Bob. My hubby found this at an obscure fish market in Marathon while we were helping out at Curry Hammock Statee Park. Now we're back up in Pine Island and out of Bob's reach. Can anyone tell me how to get some in the Fort Myers area? Please????

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,654 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smilin Bob's Fish Dip

What was the name of the "obscure fish market" in Marathon?

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,825 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smilin Bob's Fish Dip

Speaking of which, where is the almost-mayor of Key West, Mike Mongo?

Pjk

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smilin Bob's Fish Dip

I'm lurking.

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smilin Bob's Fish Dip

By the way, Smilin' Bob's Fish Dip has absolutely gone huge on the island. It sells out everywhere I go.

(Where I get it on the regular is Kermit's Key Lime Pie Shoppe, Albertson's Grocery, and...

....Cole's Peace Bakery, and that place is THE BEST. I should write about their Olive Tampande...Mm-mmm!)

Thanks for the shout-out Pjk, just thinking about you today. And voila!