We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Aug. 13 - 17

Tampa
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Aug. 13 - 17

Key West never disappoints - even with 1 day of bad weather! Family of 4 with 2 teens who stayed 3 nights at the Southernmost on the Beach. We loved the resort and pool. Explored Fort Zachary, treasure Fisher museum, Duval, Mallory Square, drove around island, shopped and ate our way around when not lounging at the pool.

Tried many new restaurants and enjoyed Camille's, SaraBeth's, El Siboney, Hogfish - Stock Island - and our favorite - again - Blue Heaven. This time we went for dinner and the food was just so delicious. I love their yellowtail snapper and my kids loved the barbecue shrimp. Definitely some meals I wish I could re-create - but wouldn't be the same even with the sauce recipe online!

Our find was when we left Sunday we stopped at Conch Key Cottages on Walker's Island and stayed one night. We loved them! We kayacked, grilled, hung out on the beach and just enjoyed the water view - definitely a nice step back in time. Monday it was time to drive back to Tampa.

What keeps me going is that I live in a place that is flip flop summer all year long! LOL! Another fun trip to Key West but some day I am going to take that ferry!

columbus, in
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Aug. 13 - 17

Sounds like a great trip. You hit some good restaurants. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. And do do the ferry someday. We love it.

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Aug. 13 - 17

Nice report thanks for sharing.

PJ

Totowa, NJ
Level Contributor
204 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Aug. 13 - 17

Grest report enjoy reading it

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,363 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Aug. 13 - 17

So glad you enjoyed your visit -- thanks for posting!

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Aug. 13 - 17

You hit all my favorites! Glad you had a good trip!

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,220 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Aug. 13 - 17

Glad you had a fun time! Thanks for sharing.

Limey

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
435 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report Aug. 13 - 17

Thanks for posting your report.........

Only ONE MORE DAY before we get to enjoy paradise......

8. Re: Trip Report Aug. 13 - 17

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 07:16