We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel?

Florida
Level Contributor
304 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel?

We are deciding on Hotel Marquesa or the Hyatt Resort. We want to be close to everything but do not want children or a lot of noise at night. Thank you.

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel?

Two great places. Marquesa is not on the water but great location (central) one block off Duval. Hyatt is on the Gulf side close to the Gulf end of Duval.

PJ

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
392 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel?

Hyatt - you will get kids.... most of the chain hotels on the island will have kids as many of the b&b's are adults only. Hotel is ok - service is just ok - nothing remarkable about it. Have never stayed at the Marquesa.... but if they don't accept kids, this may be more the way you want to go. Have fun either way!

GardeniaPalm
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel?

I read a review on the Marquesa about them having some kids in there. It's here on TA. Wasn't a very flattering review.

I might go with the Gardens instead of Marquesa or Hyatt.

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel?

Stay at the Gardens, eat at the Marquesa. (http://www.marquesa.com/cafe-marquesa.htm) Or stay at the Hyatt and eat wherever. time of your trip will determine how many munchkins will be around even in kids friendly accomodations. not a lot of em at certain times of year. i think they go in hibernation or something. never had em, don't know for certain.

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34345-d227346-…

hell, you cannot lose with any of those three.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotel?

I vote for The Gardens Hotel or the Ocean Key Resort.

http://www.gardenshotel.com/

http://www.oceankey.com/

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34345-d1261…

Florida
Level Contributor
304 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which hotel?

Is the name of the resort called The Gardens? I can not find it? Thank you

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which hotel?

The link for Tha Gardens Hotel is in my link above.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
10,495 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which hotel?

I think staying at a small hotel or B&B is a great Key West experience, so I would pass on the Hyatt. The Gardens is great and I also love the Hotel Marquesa. I do not think you can go wrong with either of these.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which hotel?

In a shocking departure from the crowd here, I like the Hyatt. I've never had a bad experience there and have never been bothered by kids (of course, Bo is right, it does depend on the time of year, and we like to go in early September). I like the location, I like the property, I like the view. We've always been treated very well there, possibly owing to Diamond status with Hyatt.

Having said that, I would love to try Marquesa, too, and The Gardens is a great property (so is Ocean Key).