We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental Atlantic Drive, Casa Marina, near White St Pier

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
882 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
rental Atlantic Drive, Casa Marina, near White St Pier

Has anyone stayed in a townhouse rental on Atlantic Drive, in Casa Marina, near White St. Pier? Sorry don't have a good frame of reference yet for names of rentals, neighborhoods, prices, services. Thanks!

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rental Atlantic Drive, Casa Marina, near White St Pier

Could you be a little more specific in what you are asking. Do you want suggestions for that area or have you rented something there and are asking if it is ok?

Just not sure what you need. If you want suggestions, you'll need to let us know the dates and what you have for a budget.

Limey

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,968 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rental Atlantic Drive, Casa Marina, near White St Pier

In terms of location it's not bad. You are almost on Higgs Beach where you could rent a chair, snorkeling equipment, an umbrella, etc. Salud!, a nicew Italian restaurant ir right on Higgs.

And you're within about 1/2 mile to the south end of Duval for the Southernmost Beach Club, then 1.25 miles up Duval for the sunset celabration or the happy hours at the Key Wst Bight.

You could probably walk onto the grounds of the Casa Marina and have a drink or lunch at their little beach-side restaurant. (Tell them you're there to check out the grounds, if necessary). And there's Ana's Cuban deli for morning cafe con leche on the corner of Simonton and South.

Pjk

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
882 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rental Atlantic Drive, Casa Marina, near White St Pier

Hi! Thanks for the help. Yes my original post was pretty vague. Has anyone tried this rental I found when I typed Key West Tourist Map into google:

Atlantis House

Address: 1401 Atlantic Boulevard

Key West, Florida 33040

Thanks for any opinions!

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
882 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rental Atlantic Drive, Casa Marina, near White St Pier

Sorry, I goofed. Too much multi-tasking. I meant to ask if anyone had experience with the following. Tried it in the search box of tripadvisor and found nothing.

A Direct Beach Front Rental

Address: 1800 Atlantic Ave. C-140

Key West, Florida 33040

Phone: 801-451-5244

Driving Directions: Google Driving Directions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: Pamper yourself! Indulge in luxury! The nicest real estate in Key West, as well as the closest to the ocean in Key West. Breathtaking ocean front views from each of the 3 bedrooms and the spacious living room/kitchen area. Two bathrooms, private parking,

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,968 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rental Atlantic Drive, Casa Marina, near White St Pier

1800 Atlantic is this set of condos...

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34345-d254746-…

It's on Atlantic Blvd pretty much 1/2 way between Higgs and Smathers. (The Atlantis House is across the street). All of the above comments would hold for this location, too.

Pjk

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,310 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rental Atlantic Drive, Casa Marina, near White St Pier

Just a point of clarification, 1800 is not across from Atlantis House. It is at the other end of Atlantic Drive at the Corner of Bertha. Atlantis House is at the end of Atlantic Avenue right next to Higgs Beach. This is probably 1/3- 1/5 mile.

1800 are rental condos, so the unit you get will determine how nice it is. Some are very nice and some are in pretty bad shape. I would ask for recent photos and a reference of someone who stayed there in the last few months you can contact to be sure you are getting a nice unit.

The location is too far to walk to much of anything other then Smather's Beach. You will need a car, or scooter, or to be pretty strong bike riders to get anywhere in Old town where most of the attractions and better restaurants are.

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
882 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rental Atlantic Drive, Casa Marina, near White St Pier

Thanks for the feedback. I am starting to get my bearings.I am doing this research for a friend and have incomplete info, so more questions will be forthcoming.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rental Atlantic Drive, Casa Marina, near White St Pier

Ask away..that's what we are here for!

Limey

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
512 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: rental Atlantic Drive, Casa Marina, near White St Pier

1800 Atlantic is a nice fairly large condo complex with vacation rentals and full time residents. They are right on the ocean, they have tennis courts and they're conveniently located. Salute Restaurant is a great little spot right down the street.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,968 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rental Atlantic Drive, Casa Marina, near White St Pier

There is a nature walk that begins and ends on Atlantic Blvd. There are small signs pointing the way in. I haven't done this since it was closed and then re-opened after Wilma.

Pjk