We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

argh!

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Topic
argh!

Keep an eye on TD24 (Wilma?), folks.

We're days away from knowing enough to worry, but I'll throw this out there anyway... The official NHC word at this point is that "interests in the Keys should keep a close eye" on it. IF it's going to come our way, it would be paying a visit just in time for Goombay.

Here's hoping it fizzles out, because I'm ready for a good party.

Bella Vista...
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: argh!

We are due to arrive down there on Monday afternoon and will be leaving on Thursday. From what I have seen on the various weather sites the new storm (TD24) will be West of the Key West area starting on Friday and then through the weekend if it folows the middle of the forecast track. By then they seem to think it will be Hurricane Wilma. The good news is most of the computer models take it even further West than the National Weather service does which may keep it away from Key West and Florida.

We live in Kissimmee Florida and got visited by 3 hurricanes last year with Charley doing the most damage and we are still hoping to get through this year without a visit.

Here's hoping for best for everyone and maybe this one won't develop.

Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: argh!

Hope you guys don't get hit by it...

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
92 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: argh!

I think the keys may be ok but to say Florida as a Whole will be safe is a stretch at best.

Mark

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: argh!

I'm not ready to call anyone safe at this point.

Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: argh!

We just got done with 9 days of rain here.We had lots of flooding all over the New England area.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
92 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: argh!

Everyone has had their share the last few years. I spend alot of time on the computer doing weather Geek stuff and this year has been crazy and it is not over Wilma is moving to The SE Now.

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: argh!

The current forecasts:

Candian model: Friday, Sarasota

GFS model: Saturday, Florida Keys

NOGAPS model: Saturday, Florida Keys

GFDL model: Sunday, Tampa

UKMET model: Wilma stalls out over the Yucatan at day 6; eventual track after that not known.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
92 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: argh!

Another storm like Rita. slow to organize with weak steering currents. The Steering currents are forcast to remain week for the next 36 to 48 hours. Roll of the Dice where this one goes. When will it end? I may move to Wyoming.

Mark

North Metro ATL, GA
Level Contributor
795 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: argh!

A very unfortunate change in the track this morning, with the storm still sitting stationary, and now projected to make a quick eastern turn towards South Florida.

Here's hoping it resumes the previous due westerly movement, but it just doesn't look good right now.

Sandusky, Ohio
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: argh!

we are scheduled to be in key west 11/2, getting married 11/4 on the beach, and leaving 11/6. Should we be planning a plan "B" just in case?