We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oct. 12, to Oct. 24, what should I not miss ?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hatteras Island...
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Topic
Oct. 12, to Oct. 24, what should I not miss ?

A friend of mine just closed on a house in Big Pine. We will be down for two weeks to paint and fix up the exterior. All work and no play is out of the question. I know we will be going into town a few times but is anything going on I should not miss. Thanks.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,393 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oct. 12, to Oct. 24, what should I not miss ?

If you can get in on a Friday, there is the CTH...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34345-i53-k309459…

Pjk

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,393 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oct. 12, to Oct. 24, what should I not miss ?

And probably the biggest week ov events of the year there...

"October 23 to November 1, 2009 - FANTASY FEST - 31st Annual Fantasy Fest - An outrageous, 10-day celebration featuring costume competitions, promenades, street fairs and a grand parade with marching groups and lavish floats. This year's theme: Villains, Vixens, and Vampires. Call 305-296-1817 for more information."

Pjk

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
512 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Oct. 12, to Oct. 24, what should I not miss ?

For sure you want to check out Goombay on the 23rd www.fantasyfest.net. Also, you don'thave to go all the way into KW - visit No Name Pub on no Name Key, Mangrove Mama's, Geiger Key Smokehouse for the Sunday BBQ, Square Grouper on Cudjoe / Summerland Key is GREAT, the restaurant at Cudjoe Marina is very good, Hog Fish on Stock Island - the Sugarloaf Lodge does a pretty good Happy Hour too !

Hatteras Island...
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Oct. 12, to Oct. 24, what should I not miss ?

Thanks for the info. I know about CTH,was there last Feb. , and I'am looking foward to the pizza at No Name. I was wondering if any good bands will be at places like Green Parrot or if anyone knows if Jimmy is planning on stoping by somewhere. Thanks again.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oct. 12, to Oct. 24, what should I not miss ?

I am not a Key West Expert.. I realize you may be looking for local advice and specifics on activities

but here are my 2 cents:

-Spend a day at Bahia Honda

-Get out on the water in Key West...

-Check out Schooner Wharf bar.. I have seen some good bands there...

-Go To Ft Zachary Taylor

-If you ahve never gone to Hemmingways House.. that is a fun thing to see too while in Key West..

Sun

6. Re: Oct. 12, to Oct. 24, what should I not miss ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2010, 04:18