We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sebago vs fury

alabama
Level Contributor
233 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
sebago vs fury

Trying to finalize a few plans for my trip next week....originally we had planned on taking a snorkel trip with Dream Chaser charters but due to some unexpected expenses I'm thinking of going with sebago or fury. Which would you suggest? I am more concerned with the snorkeling locations with these two vs a smaller operation.

thanks,

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sebago vs fury

Sebago and Fury are about equal for a snorkel trip. They both go to similar locations on big cats. I give Sebago one or 2 points for attitude, but Fury does is well also.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sebago vs fury

When we were in Key West last May, we took the Sebago Island T'ing. It was fabulous! Our favorite day on the water. Here is my review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34345-d6479…

We also took the Fury Commotion on the Ocean sunset cruise. It was fun.. but overall we felt the Sebago staff was better.. The catamaran on Sebago was prettier too. I would go with Sebago again in a second.

There is also a review in my profile of our trip with Fury if interested.

I think either you choose you will have fun.. but we would choose Sebago.

Sun

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sebago vs fury

My vote goes to Sebago for friendlier service, better food and smaller groups.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,569 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sebago vs fury

Location-wise, both will try for snorkeling at Sand Key which has become my favorite place to snorkel at the reef. This is the lighthouse out there

pjk.smugmug.com/photos/545562945_q5EuG-M.jpg

Second choise is either Rock Key or Eastern Dry Rocks if there is much of a swell as these are more protected from the wind.

It's not unlikely to see the Fury, Sebago, Caribbean Spirit, Floridays and maybe one or two other boats at Sand Key if conditions are very good. The smaller boats will usually go into the Sanctuary to Cottrell Key or the sponge gardens.

I like Sand Key but I think your chances of having great conditions are in the Sanctuary so a small, but more expensive, boat might be better. And if you are expirienced snorkelers, the Caribbean Spirit's trip is 1/2 hour longer and gives you more time in the water.

hhth

Pjk

Key West
Level Contributor
296 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sebago vs fury

When you get here, check out the ads and specials. It seems that I saw an ad that if you buy the Island Ting, you get a free sunset sail too. I wouldn't book anything til you get down here and see what specials they have.

Uxbridge...
Level Contributor
418 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sebago vs fury

Actually if you check their add it says that you ONLY get the sunset sail if you buy it in advance… "Must be booked at least 72 hours in advance" Not saying you can’t talk them into in when you are down but don’t want you waiting until the last minute and lose out on the deal…

http://www.keywestsebago.com/

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,569 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sebago vs fury

If you see the ad for a free sunset sail for the Power Adventure, ask for it when you book the Island T'Ing at the booth. If you book a day ahead of time you generally get the discount and may get the free sail.

Worth a shot.

Pjk

8. Re: sebago vs fury

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2010, 07:22