We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 12/12-12/19

Dallas,Texas
Level Contributor
294 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 12/12-12/19

My wife and I just returned from another fantastic week in Key West. It was just as wonderful as our previous trip two years ago. We were staying in the Truman Annex ( Shipyard ) area which was extremely close to everything although we did rent a scooter because of the length of our stay. Our daily treck to Schooners for happy hour and shrimp and then ending the day at Green Parrot is just too much fun. If anyone is going in the near future the tall ship " Hallie & Matthew " is operating and it was a great sunset cruise. Pass on the dinner though, it's not much. Say Hi to Buzz the onboard singer for me, he is fantastic and really makes the trip. As always the locals were as friendly as they could be. The only problem that my wife and I had were the foreigners that are running so many of the cheap T-shirt shops. They could not be more rude and disrespectful. All we heard was that they were not making any money. Two were so rude to my wife that we avoided the shops when we saw them in the store. We will boycott all of these shops in the future and you would be advised to do the same. Several bartenders and local shop keepers told us that they have become a real problem for the town and that there are a lot of complaints. We did find good shops to make our purchases. The trip ended with a beautiful morning at Fort Zachary Taylor beach. A swim in the ocean is just what we needed before we left. They were re sanding the beach when we left so if anyone is going this weekend is should be great. Can't wait to get another trip together. If anyone has any questions feel free to send me a PM.

mohrsville
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 12/12-12/19

Thanks for the report. I hope that incident in the T- shirt shop did'nt damper your vacation . As far as them not making money , well i'd imagine trying to sell cheesy t- shirts is a pretty tough sell. Again thamks for the report!!!!

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 12/12-12/19

Glad you had a nice time. The Parrot is way too much fun. Its hard to go in there just for one drink, lol.

Sorry about the cheap t-shirt shops. They have not "become a problem for the town" but they have been a problem for years and years, since about they day they opened. The Chamber gets constant complaints on them. I hate suggesting them but if anyone ever does go in one of them, never pay what they ask, always haggle and always pay cash. They are not on the "up and up" if you know what I mean.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 12/12-12/19

Thanks for your report, glad you had a great trip.

North of Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report 12/12-12/19

Thanks for the report. As you might be able to tell, you don't need to sell me on the Parrot. I'm there every night I'm in KW... and like Arnie says, you can't really just have one drink there! We just got back on the 14th and we already want to be back. Glad you had a good time.

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report 12/12-12/19

Glad you had a good time thanks for the report. We all have to put up with the T shops.

PJ

6. Re: Trip Report 12/12-12/19

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2010, 06:15