We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resturants/clubs on Duval Street

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Media, PA
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Best resturants/clubs on Duval Street

Going to Key West in April and getting excited. Can someone tell me what resturant/bars on Duval Street are a must do? Do you need to make reservations ahead of time are do many of them accept walk in's?

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resturants/clubs on Duval Street

Tink,

There are really no clubs in Key West like the ones in Miami and other Cities. There are lots of bars on Duval so just walk until one looks like fun. The Tree Bar makes great drinks and I also like the Whistle Bar (2nd floor of the Bull and Whistle) for playing pool and sitting on the balconey and people watching.

As far as restaurants 915 is a James Beard award winner and reservations are suggested. Ask to sit outside. Antonias is also popular and would be worth making a reservation.

http://www.915duval.com/

http://www.antoniaskeywest.com/

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resturants/clubs on Duval Street

my favorite bar in KW is the one I am in at that time!

minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best resturants/clubs on Duval Street

We don't spend a lot of time on Duval. We prefer The Bight area. But, all the restaurants have posted menus on the sidewalk and hit any bars that look fun.

Food?

Jack Flats

Fogerty's

LaTeDa

Croissants DeFrance

Bars?

Willie Ts

Captain Tony's (just off Duval)

Sloppy Joe's (everyone should try it once)

Big Uns

Hit Whitehead (one block west of Duval runs parellel) for more bars like Green Parrot.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,164 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best resturants/clubs on Duval Street

If you are separating bars from restaurants, my favorite restaurant on Duval is the Banana Cafe...

http://www.bananacafe.net/

Every time I've been there for dinner it has been deserted so no reservations.

Pjk

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best resturants/clubs on Duval Street

Banana Cafe has been pretty busy for dinner since they reopened last month so to be on the safe side I would make reservations. I hear the food is incredible.

Media, PA
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best resturants/clubs on Duval Street

I knew I could count on all of you for great suggestions. I will check them all out! Arnie67 thanks for the links to make it easier! I love hearing what fellow TA's suggest they usually never stear you wrong!

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
80 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best resturants/clubs on Duval Street

pjk, do you happen to know the price points of entrees at Banana Cafe? Serious foodie here, going to KW on a budget and would like to know what my splurges will be while I'm down there.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,164 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best resturants/clubs on Duval Street

This is from the former place which was one block away from the new one and they've tried to keep as much the same as possible...

islandtaste.com/french/…bananacafe-dinner.htm

The two dinners I've had there were both specials; moules marronieres and hogfish, each with veggies and a few glasses of wine.

hth

Pjk

Edited: 15 January 2010, 17:26
South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best resturants/clubs on Duval Street

Oilslick,

Here is a thread I started about the new menu items. They have kept the same decor from the first location but the owner decided to do more of an American menu for dinner this time around.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34345-i53-k326926…

Edited: 15 January 2010, 17:33
mohrsville
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best resturants/clubs on Duval Street

Het tink, I like the area in the bight,and of course duval is a must!!! The Smallest Bar, Flying Monkey, are my favorites ( keep in mind my faves change everyday) Capt. Tony's is cool. I say hit em all, and find a drink you like in all of them and compare!!!