We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help with Hotel Choice

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Need Help with Hotel Choice

We are going to Key West in July for our 10th wedding anniversary. We are using miles for air, so just need a hotel. Would like something close or on Duval Street. Needs to be within walking distance to restaurants, bars and shopping. We don't want to rent a car. Was looking at Eden House and La Te Da, but would like information on those or other recomendations. Thanks.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help with Hotel Choice

La Te Da is very nice, but make sure you get a deluxe room that is away from the pool and bar, or else you will get no sleep. Eden House looks ok, nice residential neighborhood. Both are away from the "party zone" of Duval, but definitely walking distance to that area. Do you have other choices? Open to other ideas? Of the 2 I'd take a deluxe room at La Te Da.

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help with Hotel Choice

if you do not need to be on the water - (Southernmost on the Beach), then Almond Tree or Orchid Key. - easy google.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Help with Hotel Choice

Bo, what wine are you drinking tonight? It seems to be one where you make comments that don't fit the question at hand. LOL

Seaside
Level Contributor
139 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Help with Hotel Choice

Take a look at The Banyan. Great location...Close enough to EVERYTHING w/o being too close to EVERYTHING. They also have kitchens in each dig, bike rentals, and a great pool w/ tiki bar, hot tub, pool(s).

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Help with Hotel Choice

You could also look at Cypress House - great location, fantastic breakfast included and a really super Happy Hour - that you will get to meet loads of people at!

www.cypresshousekw.com

KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Help with Hotel Choice

Thanks for the info. I'm open to all suggestions. I guess I should add that we would like adult's only or a least adult oriented. Great pool area. Heated would be nice. Don't care about being near the ocean. Included full breakfast would be good also.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Help with Hotel Choice

Orchid Key. They also offer a Happy Hour.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34345-d224525-…

http://www.orchidkey.com/

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Help with Hotel Choice

Another Banyan vote, heated pool, hot tub

take a tour....virtual tour on left hand column

http://www.thebanyanresort.com/

Great Happy Hour next door at Kelly's. $3 Big Margaritas and $4 wings...mmmmm

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,960 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Help with Hotel Choice

Two opinions about B&B's or hotel choices:

1. There are so many great places to have breakfast in Key West, places that you can walk to, that for me, having breakfast at where I stay as part of the cost would be a waste. You can eat overlooking the harbor, on a 2nd floor veranda, under an umbrella, overlooking Mallory Docks, etc,,etc,

2. Now substitute "happy hour" for "breakfast" in the above.

But YMMV

Pjk

Edited: 21 January 2010, 15:29
KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Help with Hotel Choice

I checked the La Te Da and there is no availibilty for our dates. I looked at the other websites of the others mentioned, but I really like the look of Eden House except you have to pay more to get a decent sized room. Love the pool area though. What about Duval House?

Any comparison between Eden House and Duval house? Location, amenities, price, service, etc?