We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grunts Bar

Deception Island
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grunts Bar

It's been open for about 3 weeks now. This place was mentioned in a thread last summer about reopening but I can't seem to reply to it.

Open from 4-11 wine and beer only. Great little setting on Caroline St. across from Kellys and ice cold frosty mugs!

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grunts Bar

That was my favorite bar when they first opened years ago. They only have a beer and wine license but it didn't stop people from going there and packing the place. Many nights they had live music and jam sessions so I hope they start that again. They also offered some munchies like chips and such. Its great they finally reopened. They were also known for having the cleanest bathrooms on the island, lol.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grunts Bar

Awesome, hope it's still there in June/July when we are down.. Always heard of it but never made it in.

Seaside
Level Contributor
139 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grunts Bar

NO WAY! WAY?

Is this rumor or 1st hand? Can someone do a fly-by? (Not that I don't believe U X, it's more of the pinch-me-I-must-be-dreamin-thing). I fondly remember seeing the painstaking remodel, the glorious opening (not to mention the free hotdog's), And then, zippy. Walkin by for years after it closed, lookin all clean and ready 4 biznus, ponderin bout it, but nada...gate closed.

D**n!, how that place got packed! Please report.

Deception Island
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Grunts Bar

Chilaxn- Fact indeed, I've held that cold frosty mug of beer in my hand this week!

And Arnie I did see chips for sale and the bartender said they are working on having jazz outside again.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
848 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grunts Bar

You guys have me interested. Can't say I've noticed the place but will check it out next trip.

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grunts Bar

We will stop in this May to check it out.

PJ

Frozen North
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grunts Bar

We will stop in March, we mostly drink just beer anyway.

Fort Gratiot
Level Contributor
214 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Grunts Bar

I've really missed this bar. Hope it does well and becomes one of our favorites again. Will check it out in February.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
355 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grunts Bar

This is a great little place and has been our favorite bar since our first visit. The place seems to do a good amount of business. The matter of staying open has to do the eccentricities of the owner according to the stories I have heard. We look forward to visiting in April!!!

Seaside
Level Contributor
139 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grunts Bar

Thanx X!

Great news. I'll raise 1 for ya when there!