We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

babysitters?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
babysitters?

We will be visiting Key West soon with our 6 mth old son -- does anyone have any experience/tips on getting a babysitter for the odd evening out?

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: babysitters?

Really?

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: babysitters?

Where ever you are staying should have a list of babysitters. If they do not, call one of the larger hotels (Hyatt, Pier House, Ocean Key, Westin) and ask to speak to the concierge and they should have a list. Its a very common question and I use to get it a lot when I was a concierge.

Edited: 31 January 2010, 05:02
Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: babysitters?

Could you perhaps take someone with you who could babysit? A niece, grandmother, etc?? My own personal opinion is that I would never leave my 6-month-old with a stranger., regardlesss of the hotel's recommendation......again, just my opinion.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
579 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: babysitters?

I agree. Would NEVER leave my baby with a stranger. Just sayin'.....

Sue

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: babysitters?

The list we had was basically older women who were insured and background checks were done of them. It wasn't your average babysitting teen.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: babysitters?

Thanks for the responses -- yes, the whole reason I posted the question was b/c I am not comfortable leaving the baby with a stranger but was thinking that maybe I was just being a nervous first time mother...It's good to hear both sides. I am actually working on the bringing-the-grandmother angle!

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: babysitters?

Take grandma! You won't regret it, and you'll get bonus points in return!

Norfolk, New York
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: babysitters?

I am a very good grandmother!

mohrsville
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: babysitters?

Our son has been going to KW withus since he was a baby ( he is 14 now). Some times we took Grandma and other times we just curtailed our late nights. In recent times our friends along with their children have been coming so we take turns watching the children. You can pop in and out of places with baby in tow. We have a cool picture of our son having his first drink in The Smallest Bar (a nice frosty bottle of milk). Nothing personel but I would opt for a familiar face to watch my six month old. ENJOY your trip and keep us posted !!!!!

Ramsey N.j
Level Contributor
555 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: babysitters?

Was thinking about the old guy who hangs around dog beach in a raincoat and works for beers,but on secod thought sounds like Arnie has the right idea! We always took our kids on vacation with us and they thanks us for it today.

Sean and Susan