We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone else sick of the snow?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
285 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone else sick of the snow?

I know, not the normal topic. Just curious who else is out there dreaming of the Conch Republic while snowed in... The 2 feet of snow on the ground is growing by the minute with the storm over us now. March 31st can't get here fast enough!

Anyone know how crowded it normally is for Easter? Been down for Thanksgiving, but not Easter before. Not that's it going to stop our crew from having fun:-)

Lewiston, Maine
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone else sick of the snow?

~

Hi Noles_! I'm always dreaming about the CR. Even

though we've been spared the heavy snow as of

late I'm still anxious for winter to be gone. We will be

in KW on Apr. 8th, just after Easter so not too sure

how crowded it will be. The high season will be

winding down. Last year we went just before Easter

and it was very warm, not too crowded but still

busy enough to keep everything moving along nicely.

You will have a good time!!!

~Cheers~

^-^

Westwood, NJ
Level Contributor
992 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone else sick of the snow?

I'm with ya. We dodged the last storm that dumped on you- have family near Dulles and they were still feeling pain before today.

Right Now, outside NYC, we have about 6inches, with 6 more to go they say- but it's coming down at a good clip now, so I;m thinking 12 inches is too conservative.

I remember a few years back at the Butterfly Conservatory, the guy who ran the ticket booth was a Mass. native. When asked how he liked living in KW, he said "The main thing is, you don't shovel rain."

My Keys Disease is sure acting up today!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone else sick of the snow?

That is the understatement of the year Noles_Chic! I have HAD it with this white mess. 10 days and I'll be in sunny KW... can't wait!!!

minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone else sick of the snow?

I was over winter last month. It has been dragging for way too long. Get me to the SWB for a dark-n-stormie STAT.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
449 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone else sick of the snow?

Blame it on Punxsutawney Phil!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone else sick of the snow?

i'm not sick of the snow. i love it. i prefer a proper winter to a more mild, what i consider blah, winter.

i'm retired though and that boosts my pleasure capacity for all things:)

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,405 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone else sick of the snow?

Another 3 - 4 inches today, no work, sitting at the coffeeshop with a hot tea-not-toddy.

I was thinking about snorkeling in warm, clear, blue water. Lying flat in a world of my own. And with the prospect of a few cold Yeuglings on the trip back, then a 1/2 lb of peel-my-own shrimp with two sunset ales.

Pjk

NY
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone else sick of the snow?

Yes, so sick of snow. Will be in Key West on 3/17/10. YIPPEE can't wait.

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone else sick of the snow?

Here in Northern England I'm sick of the cold, the wet, the snow and the dark nights at 5pm. Cant wait for Key West April 5th. What time does it go dark there at this time of year?

Chester County, PA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone else sick of the snow?

We received 22.5" on Saturday at my home just west of Philly, and as I type this, I am stuck in Syracuse, NY where there is only an inch or two on the ground. The entire state of Pennsylvania is under a state of emergency, and the turnpike and I-81 is closed. You can't get there from here. It's like Hotel California - I can check out any time I'd like.....

Lou is home, warm and safe, and mixing up Patron mango margaritas. Tomorrow is her b-day, and I don't know if I'll be there.

So, to answer the post - with a resounding "YES" I am sick of the snow and this endless winter. I fully intend on sitting at a bar tonight and expensing round after round of Dark and Stormys.