We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbour Place in Truman Annex vs Galleon Resort

Southeast Pa
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Harbour Place in Truman Annex vs Galleon Resort

Trying to decide between these 2 places. Prices are comparable. I need to rent 2 units in the same place. The Harbour Place has 2, 3 bedroom/3bath units on the third floor far end of second building away from pool. But they are in separate parts of the building and neet to go down and up elevator to visit each other. And a 3 bedroom/2.5 bath smaller unit with large deck right next to the pool on first floor. I am leaning towards one unit on third floor and one on first by pool. However, the first floor unit's bedrooms look very small compared to the 3rd floor. The square footage differs by 200 sf. We would have 6 or 7 adults in each unit. I've read mixed reviews about the Galleon and they only have 2 bedroom units, so some would have to sleep on the sofa beds. We are going to a wedding and the wedding party is staying at the Hyatt Key West, which I believe is next to Harbour Place. Has anyone stayed in these units that can offer any advice. Thank you in advance for your reply

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harbour Place in Truman Annex vs Galleon Resort

I would pick Harbour place. I really like area. The Hyatt that would be closest is Sunset Harbor, timeshare not the Hyatt Hotel. However, nothing is far apart in old town.

The Galleon would be closer to the Hyatt Hotel.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harbour Place in Truman Annex vs Galleon Resort

I'd pick Harbour place. The Truman Annex it a great place, and that complex is outstanding. I've never liked the Galleon much. It seems to me that it is a bit of a dump, but it has a good location on the Bight.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
352 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harbour Place in Truman Annex vs Galleon Resort

Our last visit we stayed in Harbour Place and the location is great. Convenient to Duval, the Bight, Mallory Square and other Old Town spots. You can stumble home from The Green Parrot, Grunts, and Kelly's after a night cap. The units are very spacious in our opinion and most offer a great view of KW sunsets. Pool area is nice. We have never stayed at the Galleon. We would return to Harbour Place for future visits.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harbour Place in Truman Annex vs Galleon Resort

ok, can't really comment on harbour Place, but have been by it and looks great. We stayed at the Galleon last year and really liked it. much more of a "resort" feel than the units in Truman annex. both are in great location, we loved being on the water at the Galleon.

Southeast Pa
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Harbour Place in Truman Annex vs Galleon Resort

Thank you for your input so far. Sounds like Harbour Place would be the best, but which 2 of the 3 units are best. Has anyone ever sayed in Gulfstream Drift, Pirate's Cove or Catch of the Day. Those are the names of the different units in Habour place that I am looking at. I did see some reviews on the first two which are on the 3rd floor. But I cannot find any reviews about the first floor one which is called "Catch of the Day". The deck, by the pool looks awesome, but the bedrooms in the unit look small. Anyone ever stay in these? Thanks again for all your replies

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harbour Place in Truman Annex vs Galleon Resort

Harbour Place for sure. More quaint and the boardwalk is yours just for the taking. walk through the swimming pool area. i will post pics tomorrow if you like. the location is magnificant. personally, i do not feel the two compounds compare. ok, they do compare, but galleon loses.

columbus, in
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harbour Place in Truman Annex vs Galleon Resort

I have only stayed in the penthouse suite, the only unit on the 6th floor of the Galleon and it is a wonderful place to stay, but I am aware it is nicer than other rooms there. I have not stayed at Truman annex, but biked through the complex and know it is a beautiful area. I do wish Keith would quit referring to the entire complex as a dump. There may be rooms there that are not so nice. I don't know except from reviews, having only seen inside the one place we stayed. But I have posted accurate pictures of that suite that are on the net and I don't see how anyone could call that room anything resembling a dump. So to label the entire resort as such is not fair imo. I do know the complex also has a nice pool and a great Tiki Bar, along with a very small beach. But as I said, I know that Truman annex is nice and am not suggesting you should not make that your choice.

Frozen North
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harbour Place in Truman Annex vs Galleon Resort

The Galleon is definitely not a dump. The two places are different as Harbour Place is residential not a resort. The Galleon is a timeshare resort, so everyone there is on vacation, where it is not so in Truman Annex. We have stayed in both Truman Annex and The Galleon. Truman Annex is much quieter and more laid back, it's residential so no bar on site or restaurant, yes you are close to these, but not as close as The Galleon. Units in the Galleon are two bedroom that sleep six, so you may have a problem with seven in a room, so you might want to stay at Harbour Place in the three bedrooms if you would have that many to a room. The Galleon has a nice pool area and deck area, it is next door to the Hyatt Hotel. We like both for different reasons, we actually rented out our unit at The Galleon last year as we wanted a quieter vacation and rented a unit in Truman Annex instead.

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harbour Place in Truman Annex vs Galleon Resort

who are you getting your rental units from in Harbour Place? this is the unit we had in december, but it is two bedroom, two and a half bath. it does however dispaly what the first floor decks look like. the upper floor decks have nice balconies, but not like the first floor one although i am not sure all first floor units are the same. this was a vrbo rental, but compass realty has a number of units in harbour place. i would think you could get two a little closer together with them, but maybe not. www.sanibeltopten.com/index.php…

i am sure the galleon has some nice units. i just like the peacefullness of being in the truman annex. you are right in the backyard of the little white house. the green parrot is very close as is duval. and yes, down the boardwalk and you are at the hyatt. link to compass properties: key-west-vacation-rental.com/exec/search.cgi…

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harbour Place in Truman Annex vs Galleon Resort

Great Pictures, Bo. Thanks for that! I noticed they advertise a swimming/Jacuzzi pool, can you elaborate what that is? I'd think it was a small, warm pool but it looks to be a pretty decent size. We will be staying at Harbor Place in April and wonder about that as well as how late the pools are open. Any info?