We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming trip - I need help!

Fort lauderdale
8 posts
Save Topic
Upcoming trip - I need help!

Hi folks, Coming back to Key West for a long weekend. I came down once before for a company retreat and this time I'm bringing my fiancee down. Last time it was a blur of early meetings, organized events, and drunken company dinners. I'm looking for some quirky things to do. I'm not really a "Conch Train" kinda gal but looking for something unusual. We do plan to go on a sunset cruise though. Any ideas of something fun and unique and interesting?

Also, another question, we had a big company dinner at a seafood restaurant on the waterfront and we all sat out front on the water. It had really great food but I can't seem to remember where it was? Any ideas? It was about 3-4 blocks from the Westin.

I'll promise to write a review on everything we see and do when we get back :)

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,631 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upcoming trip - I need help!

Lloyds bike tour for something a little different.

http://lloydstropicalbiketour.com/

Was it either A & B Lobster or Conch Republic Seafood Company?

Lewiston, Maine
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upcoming trip - I need help!

"Any ideas of something fun and unique and interesting?"

Quirky you say. well how about a Ghost Tour or a tour thru the

cemetery. You'd be surpised what you'd learn (and laugh at).

Its really "something different" and fun.

~

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upcoming trip - I need help!

Tales and Trails of Key West is a nice and interesting walking tour.

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upcoming trip - I need help!

Lloyd is king of quirks. The Butterfly Conservatory is unique and very cool.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,798 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upcoming trip - I need help!

Try this for a sunset sail...

furycat.com/key-west/sunset-sailing-music.htm

The closest I can think to your restaurant is the sunset pier at the Ocean Key Resort, 0 Duval Street. It's a short distance from the Westin and sits out over the water. Ring any bells?

Pjk

SC
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Upcoming trip - I need help!

I just got back last night and would recommend the Fury Commotion on the Ocean Sunset Cruise. It was a nice mixed crowd, 20's through 60's everyone was there to enjoy themselves and did as far as I could tell.

I also did something a little different and went on a kayaking guided tour with lazy dog kayaks. Our guide Brian was great, we learned things about the nature in Key West, Key West in general and caught some good rays while we kayaked around. I truly enjoyed it and am already planning another kayaking trip.

Enjoy your trip!

Chester County, PA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upcoming trip - I need help!

Quirky Key West?

Drag Queen Bingo

Clothing Optional Bar

Topless body paint

Mallory Square sunset

Nancy's Secret Garden

Better Than Sex

Underwater music festival (well, Looe Key anyway)

More quirky in KW than you can shake a chicken at.

Ramsey N.j
Level Contributor
555 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Upcoming trip - I need help!

I would have to say the posters above up are spot on. All those suggestions are great. I would say some of the best TA posters here. We rented bikes and picked up a box lunch at court house deli. We packed some booze and just took off for the day. Key West is so quirky itself you will just run into stuff. We hit the cemetary, saw the goats, hit the dog park -some fun people there and watched some of the street performers do thier thing. As we rode thru the little back streets around Key West with a nice little buzz going we saw the most bizzare things and met some fun Key West locals. What a great relaxing day we had. As we look back now at the pictures we took, it looks as though we were on some 60's acid trip. Boy did we laugh and have fun that day

Have fun and relax-Sean and Susan.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Upcoming trip - I need help!

the Tales and Trails as mentioned before...we took it and was the highlight of our first trip. we are planning on Loyd's Bike tour next trip. HAVE FUN!

Edited: 24 March 2010, 17:22
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,238 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Upcoming trip - I need help!

The name of the tour is actually Trails and Tales of Key West.

I think renting bikes is a great idea. There is so much to see and do in Key West, just remember to park the bikes and walk back to where you are staying, if you have been over served. Hope you have a great time!

Limey