We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner advice

Media, PA
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner advice

Another question for my experts on TA. I think from your past advice we are going to do 915 and Banana Cafe (up not stairs). Someone just gave me A&B Lobster and Latitudes beach cafe at the Westin. What are your thoughts on these two and if I could only go with three what would your three be?

Key West Catamaran Sailing and Water...
71 reviews
from US$145.00*
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
56 reviews
from US$63.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
378 reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
Dry Tortugas National Park Day Trip...
44 reviews
from US$178.99*
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
36,123 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner advice

IMO Lattitudes is nice but also a kind of special occassion place. Boat ride out there, dinner on the beach, torches. And, curiously, I've never been to the A&B. I do Alonzo's for a grilled or blackened fish platter.

Pjk

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner advice

We love A&B Lobster for a special dinner. If you go, get there before dark and request a table on the balcony.

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner advice

I am a big fan of A&B Lobster House. I love the food and the outside tables on the front deck. The inside is nice too but just a bit cold feeling for me (atmosphere wise). Banana Cafe is getting really great reviews on the dinner menu and 915 has always been a favorite for me. BTW - both A&B and 915 were James Beard winners. I do not think you could go wrong with any of them. It just up to you and which menus sound good to you.

A&B and 915 are only open for dinner so maybe you could do one of the other ones for lunch.

http://www.jamesbeard.org/

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
572 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner advice

A&B Also does happy hour specials on the appetizer side of the Menu, I have gone and just done that with drinks if you want a light bite early. I think for happy hour they are 1/2 price.

Ramrod Key, Florida
Level Contributor
386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner advice

Latitudes on Sunset Key (free ferry ride for a meal) is no more expensive than BOs for lunch. The flaming torches are dimmed but it remains a pleasant beach lunch in a special location on real sand overlooking salt water.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
10,884 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner advice

The half price happy hour is at Alonzo's, not A&B. Alonzo's is the place downstairs from A&B. I like A&B and 915. Those would be my picks, but all 4 places would be great.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
860 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner advice

I see no bad choices in this thread. As for picking 3, 3 of my favorites are Cafe Sole, La Tratoria, and Blue Heaven.

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
813 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner advice

You all have done my job for me again - thanks :)

All Latitudes menus can be found here: www.westinsunsetkeycottages.com/latitudes

I think you'll find the prices are not just for special occasions, and they are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

In a very few weeks the new Latitudes will be open, and they will offer a small plates/tapas menu in addition to the other menus. So that will give another option, price-wise.

Disclaimer: I am the Marketing Manager for The Westin Key West Resort & Marina and Sunset Key Guest Cottages.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner advice

Damn, just looked at the lunch menu at latitudes and now have another "must-do".

Edited: 24 March 2010, 17:14
Media, PA
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinner advice

Latitudes is out for me. They are booked through April 24th so that makes it easier for me to eliminate places. Thanks guys and maybe next time I go I will call early and book Latitudes as it did sound great! I leave April 11 and can't wait!