We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finnegan's Wake today

OBX NC
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Finnegan's Wake today

Went to Finnegan's wake today and had their Shepards pie. Not a gourmet meal but filling anyway. Had to try the beer sampler, 6 half pints, your choice, of their numerous draught beers. Got to try beers I never had on tap before. Problem was, I can't drink 3 pints and still feel safe to drive, so I only finished 4. Still worth it. My wife got the Rueben sandwich which is really BIG. She'll get 2 meals out of it.

Didn't get to try the Hot Bannana dessert so I'll have to make another trip.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finnegan's Wake today

Finnegan's Wake has some of the best bar food in Key West. It's a great place at the right price. Their bangers are really good and they do a good burger.

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finnegan's Wake today

I'm glad you know your limit, George! LOL :) We really enjoyed Finnigan's too.

Lower Keys, Florida
Level Contributor
121 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finnegan's Wake today

Today at Finnegan's is half-price on the veggie menu! & tomorrow during the Draft is $5 pizzas! I live across the street so I'm there quite a bit...but the food never disappoints & I always look forward to the monthly specials. There's a different $3 pint special each night...I'm headed over now.

MD
Level Contributor
828 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Finnegan's Wake today

I LOVE Finnegan's Wake. One of my favorite places in Key West. The corned beef and potato soup outside for St. Pat's this year were out of this world. The hot wings are my favorite anywhere to this point in my life. And it's just a great locals hangout, very authentic Irish pub experience to me. I also like the fact that it's on the "outskirts" (outskirts to most tourists anyway) of the main area of town, because that way there will always be a lot of people who never even find out it exists. OK, that's selfish, but hey, I said it anyway.

West Palm Beach, FL
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Finnegan's Wake today

Wow, totally forgot about Finnegan's.....my girlfriend just had her first Irish Car Bomb for St. Pat's and now is addicted to them. I want her to do a few in KW this weekend but the only Irish place I could think of is Irish Kevin's, which we try to avoid.

I will definitely take her to FW when we're over by Schooner Wharf. Thanks for the head's up!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
496 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Finnegan's Wake today

George--when you go back, you HAVE to have the chicken pot pie!! It is the most savory thing I have ever eaten. Please order this dish. You will not be disappointed. Looking forward to having one myself next month.

Finnegan's Wake is such a great place. All dark woods and "football" on the tellee. A world away from Key West, yet right in the middle of it.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
579 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finnegan's Wake today

Ahhh yes, Finnegan's Wake. I, too, love their chicken pot pie. I agree that they have excellent bar food. I also like that it's a little bit off the beaten path so we never have to compete for a table!!

Sue

New York
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finnegan's Wake today

And let me sing the praises of their colcannon balls: fried mash potato/kale croquettes with a cheese center served with a cheese sauce. Stellar bar food. The delightful Mrs. Gam & I have this everytime we visit.

Your 'potato! cheese!! deep fried!!!' pal,

Davy

minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finnegan's Wake today

I must suggest the escargot bread bowl thingie appetizer. Lots of snails, peppers, mushrooms (?) all in the best cream sauce EVER. It's probably one of my favorite things to eat on the planet. And their pizza rocks!

Lower Keys, Florida
Level Contributor
121 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Finnegan's Wake today

Colcannon Balls! love them! Last night I splurged for the Mac N Chz and added Blackened Chicken. Tons of leftovers for my lunch today!

People don't realize just how great a spot FInnegan's is for sports on TV. I do hit the hard-core Sports Bars on occasion but I often prefer to be able to get a drink (and not spill it from someone bumping into me repeatedly) and wings and a seat...and that's Finnegan's! (busy but not packed in usually)

In case you were wondering, Finnegan's also hosts the Key West GREEN Drinks each month!