We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner at Latitudes

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner at Latitudes

What is everybody's opinion as to the best time for dinner reservations at Latitudes in mid May.. sunset is 6:37 PM

1) before sunset , desert during sunset

2) eating entrees while sunset is happening

3) head over after sunset and eat by torches

Thanks in advance

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner at Latitudes

I would time it so you were on the boat at sunset.

If sunset is 6:37 take the boatthat leaves between 6:15 and 6:45.

Have a fun time !

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,335 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner at Latitudes

I would arrive before sunset so I could enjoy the sunset and changes in lighting. By the time you leave, it will be dark.

Florida
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner at Latitudes

Check your sunset time. http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
813 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner at Latitudes

Just a note, in case this impacts anyone's decision on timing, is that the new Latitudes is built on the other side of the dock from the old restaurant location, so there are truly unobstructed sunset views from the new digs.

Disclaimer: I am the Marketing Manager for The Westin Key West Resort & Marina and Sunset Key Guest Cottages, A Westin Resort.

falls church va
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner at Latitudes

Sunset can't be that early. It should be around 8pm during May.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner at Latitudes

Flattop is right. I clicked on the link that trailR provided, plugged in the latitude & longitude of KW, and found sunset to be 8:00pm+ during mid-May.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner at Latitudes

Yes I thought that time was a little early and used a website

thesunrisetimes.com/Florida_East/Key_West,_s…

off of a google search. I think I am confused with the different types of sunset ( civil, nautical, astronomical ) the link that you guys have provided indicate that it is 803 pm which is more like it.

Thanks for the input

Boston
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner at Latitudes

We ate there last Tuesday evening. Took the 645pm boat with Sunset somewhere around 7:40 PM. I'm glad we were seated prior to sunset and not on the boat. I think we would have missed out big time.

Called ahead and asked for a table as close to the beach as possible which we were accomodated on but in reality any table in the restaraunt would have been more than fine.

The setting is amazing and the service was very good. I would highly recommend the dining experience.

The sunset as we were enjoying appetizers. We were not rushed from the minute we stepped off the boat and stayed at the table until shortly after 9:30pm.

Overall, a very relaxing night, very good meal and an awesome sunset.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner at Latitudes

Thank you...Thats why we have chosen it as our 30th wedding anniversary dinner

10. Re: Dinner at Latitudes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2010, 06:18