We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - Wind & Wine? Temp?

arizona
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Help - Wind & Wine? Temp?

Looking for a sunset cruise. Anyone out there hear anything negative about the Danger wind & wine cruise?

Also - would be going in 2 weeks - what will the temp be out on the water at sunset/dark? I get cold easy!

Thanks for any advice!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,658 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - Wind & Wine? Temp?

our crystal ball can't predict the future for 2 weeks from now...

but historically the nighttime temps are in the 70's. All you'll need on most cruises is a light wind breaker in case the breeze kicks up.

check the forecasts about 5 days before your trip for a good idea if you'll need a parka and boots,

Ramrod Key, Florida
Level Contributor
386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - Wind & Wine? Temp?

Anything can change, especially this year, but at the moment it feels as though summer has kicked in with hot days and muggy nights, at last.

A windbreaker when sailing is always a good idea though.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,257 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - Wind & Wine? Temp?

I'm sure you will enjoy the Wind and Wine. It gets very positive reviews.

Limey

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,370 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - Wind & Wine? Temp?

I did the W & W a year or so ago and it was very peaceful, more so than any other sunset sail I've been on. We basically sailed out of the Westin Marina and just floated for a while so that they could open several bottles of wine and pour so that the passengers could taste. After sampling the choices I settled down with a couple of favorites. The amazing thing about the trip is the variety and caliber of the wines they have. IIRC they are listed on the web page.

Pjk

arizona
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - Wind & Wine? Temp?

Well we love wine - and we hate cheap beer so, probably would be happier than other cruises! Doesn't sound like much negatives. I look up the ratings and most very positive!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,370 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help - Wind & Wine? Temp?

Most, if not all, of the trips Danger Chaters does are very good because they limit the number of people on the sail or snorkel trip, and the captains and crew are very attentive. They seem to have as much fun on the trip as any of the passengers.

Pjk

arizona
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help - Wind & Wine? Temp?

Thanks Pjk - I'm hoping we can do it... always wanted to go on a sail boat and with the wine - nice bonus! ;-)

New York
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help - Wind & Wine? Temp?

We, the delightful Mrs. Gam & I have gone out on W&W every year for the last 4 or 5 (6?) years. As far as we are concerned it is the gold standard of sunset cruises. The wine is very good qualtiy (8 to 10 different wines, including a sparkler, frm all over the world and chosen by the owner. While they have a suggested tasting order (the traditional-- lightest white to most formidible red) you are free to drink as much or as little of whatever you choose). The crews are first rate--friendly, polite and definitely in love with what they are doing. There are also superior munchies--cheese, sausage, fruit, veggies. Finally they do sail. While we've been on a couple of the catamarans and some of the other schooners that motor out of the harbor, raise their sails and continue to motor about, Danger takes the wind as it comes. We've had rather sedate experiences & more robust times--with the wind strong enough to send the other boats back to port.

I'm sure you will enjoy your sail with them.

Your 'if we do nothing else next year--we will be sailing with Danger' pal,

Davy

arizona
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help - Wind & Wine? Temp?

THanks Davy! Now I'm really getting excited about this!

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help - Wind & Wine? Temp?

We did the Wind and Wine cruise, it was great very relaxing, just take a light jacket just in case, enjoy,