We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where do we stop on our drive from Miami to Key West?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
77 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
where do we stop on our drive from Miami to Key West?

Its a bit last minute(we're getting our rental as we speak!)I meant to ask you all sooner.. Where are the "must go to" stops along the way down to key west. I know bahia beach is definitely one of them. I have my blackberry so let me know!Thx!!!

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: where do we stop on our drive from Miami to Key West?

Robbie's Marina, Islamorada - huge tarpon right up close to the pier.

Edited: 07 May 2010, 16:03
Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
77 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where do we stop on our drive from Miami to Key West?

Thanks. We did hear of Robbie's...is it marked on the highway or do u know a mile marker?thx!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
300 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where do we stop on our drive from Miami to Key West?

You will see Robbies on the right as you ar eleaving Islamorado. I think it is before MM 80.

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where do we stop on our drive from Miami to Key West?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34345-i53-k352353…

Greensburg...
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where do we stop on our drive from Miami to Key West?

This reply is probably too late, but if you're not in the keys yet take card sound road (a small detour) but worth it IMO for a stop at Alabama Jacks. Yummy Conch Fritters and an interesting backdrop. Another good one is No Name Pub on Big Pine key, I don't remember how to get there but I sniped some directions off of another post for you: "On Big Pine key heading towards Key West, there will be a light after the Key Deer area. Prepare to turn right. Take the right fork and follow til the stop sign. Turn left and follow the road around a right turn. Stay on the road and you'll find it." Drive slow and keep an eye out for the key deer! This is close to Bahia Honda from what I remember. Have fun!

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
77 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where do we stop on our drive from Miami to Key West?

Tbelle69 you are from from late!we just finished late breakfast&are only at mm98!we heard no name pub was great so you're saying the same.we'll put a star next to that on my long page of notes!haha!thx for the directions. I love tripadvisor!

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where do we stop on our drive from Miami to Key West?

did you open the link i posted? BufGuy (post #3) has that trip down to a science.

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
77 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where do we stop on our drive from Miami to Key West?

Ohbo..yup I wrote down EVERYTHING from that link!we just left Robbie's.the woman,Candy,working the outside gift store,was awesome.their prices are FAR from"tourist rip off prices".we got sunglasses, a small plant, a cool necklace&more for under $25!off to Bahia!

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,909 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where do we stop on our drive from Miami to Key West?

You should be close to Marathon right now. Check out Sombrero Beach!

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,944 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where do we stop on our drive from Miami to Key West?

If you left Robbie's at 3:20 you should be hitting Bahia Honda around now. After you take a stroll on the beach it should be time to go to the No Name. Before you stop and eat go past the bar and over the bridge and look for Key Deer. Drive slow or even stop, the deer are uasualy back there.