We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West - First Time Visit - 3 Adults

Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Key West - First Time Visit - 3 Adults

Hi :)

This September we are heading to Florida for the first time. We plan to drive down to Key West from Orlando and spend a couple of nights. Before heading back to Orlando. We are allowing about a week and a half for this trip (any other Florida info would be appreciated if you can assist).

Just wondering if you anyone can suggest accommodation in Key West (probably spending about 2 nights), some place we can walk to activities, shopping etc. We are wanting a 2 bedroom place and if possible but not essential 2 bathrooms. We are hoping to spend no more than $200 a night. Any suggestions as to a place within that budget that meets our needs? We'll have our hire car so maybe nothing with high parking rates.

We are basically just wanting to soak up the atmosphere and relax. Maybe do a snorkel tour, shop and enjoy a few happy hours and everything else Key West has to offer :)

Any suggestions and tips would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,217 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key West - First Time Visit - 3 Adults

Try looking at the Southernmost Hotel, that should be in your budget at that time of year.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
11,414 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key West - First Time Visit - 3 Adults

Since the drive from Orlando is so long, I would think 2 nights is the minimum to stay. I would stay 3, so you actually have 2 full days in Key West. It is about 8 or 9 hours I think.

I also would suggest a B&B/Inn rather then a hotel. They have a nice atmosphere in Key West and most have happy hours and include a light breakfast.

Look at the B&Bs on the hotels area of this web site. You might look at Harbor Inn, Lighthouse Court, Cypress House, or Pilot House for starters.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Key West Harbor Inn
Key West Harbor Inn
917 Reviews
Key West, FL
Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Key West - First Time Visit - 3 Adults

From my investigating, you will pay plenty for a 2 bedroom. I stayed at the Almond Tree in on Truman less than a small block from Duval St.

They have free breakfast and a 5 o'clock happy hour with cheese platters, fruit etc. We had 5 people with little trouble. The grounds are beautiful. There is a small plaza next door with pizza shop and drugstore-very convenient. It is located towards the quieter end of Duval but still close enough to walk to the busier end. We never had to get a cab and walked to both ends easily.

Chester County, PA
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Key West - First Time Visit - 3 Adults

Marrero's Guest Mansion has 3 rooms each with two beds and is right in the middle of the action 1/2 block of Duval and within a few seconds walk of everything.

www.marreros.com

Mentioned in this post
Marrero's Guest Mansion
Marrero's Guest Mansion
773 Reviews
Key West, FL
Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Key West - First Time Visit - 3 Adults

Try Rose Lane Villas. They have one bedroom units with a futon, kitchenette, pool and an awesome location. www.roselanevillas.com

Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Key West - First Time Visit - 3 Adults

Thanks everyone for some good ideas :) I'm off to check them all out.

7. Re: Key West - First Time Visit - 3 Adults

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2010, 05:17