We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

Kansas City
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

We will be traveling to Key West from Miami on Christmas Day.

Will restaurants be open in Key West that day? Any suggestions where to have a nice meal that would be special in a Key West sort of way?

Will places like la-ti-da be open on Christmas Day?

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
115 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

I am wondering this again myself~~anyone have any tips or ideas of which might be open! I heard pepes and am leaning towards this restaurant, should i make reservations?

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,798 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

The only help I can offer is that Pepe's was open on Thanksgiving and I *think* it is open on Christmas. They do not take reservations except to take your name at the door. On T'day Key West was virtually empty and there was a 1 & 3/4 hour wait. I put my name in at 6:00 and came back at 7:00. After a drink at the bar I was seated about 7:45. The wait is mainly that they are so small.

Blue Heaven was closed for Thanksgiving. Crabby Bills, El Meson de Pepe and all of the places on the bight were open. IMO most places are open on holidays.

Pjk

Berkeley Springs, WV
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

hELLO

Looking for restaurants and motels, for the period De.23-26. Is the Key West area busy this time of yr? Are resv. neeeded? Any Sug?

Thanks,

Gary

Berkeley Springs, WV
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

hELLO

Looking for restaurants and motels, for the period De.23-26. Is the Key West area busy this time of yr? Are resv. neeeded? Any Sug?

Thanks,

Gary

Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

We are in Key West for Christmas and New Year and have made a reservation online with Alices for Christmas dinner - they are open in the evening. They have a website where you can view the Menus for Christmas and New Years Eve. Think La Trattoria and Seven Fish are also open - Pepes don't have an e-mail address, you have to ring them.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

We had a superb Thanksgiving dinner at Louie's Backyard. They require reservations (you can get the phone number if you look them up under Key West restaurants).

I chose 4:30 pm for our sitting, and couldn't have been more pleased. If you choose any later, it will be dark and you can't enjoy seeing the water or the sunset, and that's one of the main reasons for choosing Louie's.

Thanksgiving dinner was a la carte, and there was a choice of @ nine entrees. It was so marvelous. in fact, that we asked for and were given a keepsake menu.

We were fortunate enought to sit on the second floor balcony, center, and I think that is the best seat in the restaurant.

Enjoy your Christmas whereever you choose to dine!

Berkeley Springs, WV
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

Many Thanks, for both the above postings.

Great information, we are getting excited already. Coming from WV & hope the weather is warmer than here.

Gary

Kansas City
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

Thanks for the suggestions. We are looking forward to a very special Christmas Day in Key West.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
265 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

We go for Christmas most years from Daytona Beach. Last year a lot of places were closed but I am thinking more places will remain open this Christmas because they lost so much business with Fantasy Fest hurricane. Pepe's is open on Xmas day. It is very busy and the service was VERY slow last year.

There are restaurants open all over the place down there on Christmas. We found a lot of the stores were closed and the Bahamian section was closed too.

Check the restaurants on this website. You can email them and ask about the holiday schedules.

As far as the weather goes, you can't get any better than Key West. If it's cold there, imagine how cold it is everywhere else! We had one Xmas in the 50's. Still better than just about anywhere else for the holiday.

Have fun!

Berkeley Springs, WV
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants Open on Christmas Day

Thank you.

Will keeep looking on the net. We did find a few that was open. Louies sounds like a good place. That weather report sounds fine. It's to be 14 degrees here tonight and snow tomorrow eve, like 6 inches, so will be ready to leave here next Sunday.

Gary