We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A non diving trip, trip report.

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
A non diving trip, trip report.

This was a much differant trip than uasual, we did not go diving. We did go snorkeling twice because we couldn't stay out of the water.

We arrived on Wensday evening, got our room and went stright to the Half Shell. This is a first night tradetion when we are in Key West. Oysters, Beer Steamed Shrimp and Sunset Ale to wash it all down.

We did not do much during the day as we were there to rest and get some relaxation, we did a lot of this.

One day we spent on the beach at Bahia Honda and had a great day hanging out on the beach and snorkeling.

Another day we spent at the beach at Ft. Zack and hade another great day hanging out on the beach and snorkeling.

The rest of the days we hung out around the pool and relaxed.

Places we ate were

The Half Shell for dinner once and HH twice, we really enjoy the raw bar there and the company, one HH we spent with Pjk and had a good time catching up.

Pepe's and had a great meal as uasual.

Louie's Backyard, had a really nice dinner out on the deck.

Prime was fantastic, we had the best dinner that night than anywhere. My steak was the best I have had in years from anywhere. This is a must do !

Salsa Loco and had a really good mexican dinner with some great friends, Mr. & Mrs. Seabus. It was really great to spend some time with them and catch up.

On the day we wen to Bahia Honda we had an early lunch ( to get out of the sun ) at Sparky's Landing and had a great lunch.

For Breakfast,

The Southernmost Beach Cafe and had a good breakfast.

Blue Heaven was great as uasual.

Croissant de Paris and had another good breakfast and again we were there at the same time as Pjk.

La Te Da for brunch on Sunday, if you have never tryed this I suggest you do, it was really good. I do not uasually like buffets but this one is good.

Had a great time at the CTH on Friday, it was really nice to see a lot of my Key West friends and make a few new ones.

The only place we went drinking the whole time we were there was at the CTH, with meals and at Louies After Deck..

We spent every evening after dinner either at Louies or out on the dock at the Southernmost on the Beach where I enjoyed a few rums.

All in all we had a great and relaxing time which is exactly what we needed.

Can't wait to get back !!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,353 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A non diving trip, trip report.

Sounds like the perfect relaxing vacation! I am so ready for one of those.

KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A non diving trip, trip report.

We've been debating between the Westin and La Te Da for brunch. Can you elaborte on La Te Da? Why was it so good and what was on the buffett?

Vineland, New Jersey
Level Contributor
484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A non diving trip, trip report.

Sounds like a really good time...even though no diving. :) You hit most of our favorites. Reading your report has me counting the days til we're back in Key West again!

Chester County, PA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A non diving trip, trip report.

Hey T,

Glad you made it back down. Sounds like you had another good trip despite not diving. After reading your bit about your traditional 1st stop, we both now have a hankering for oyster shooters!

Hoping to cross paths again. When's the next planned trip?

Cris and Lou

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A non diving trip, trip report.

No plans at the moment but looking at the end of September, maybe. We are headed to Bonaire in 3 weeks for 2 weeks of diving, after that we will start to figure things out.

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A non diving trip, trip report.

It is different being there and not diving isn't it, lol. We were there for the month of March and getting used to not being able to dive after 30 years was quite an experience, lol, not one I was used to.

Buster

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A non diving trip, trip report.

"Prime was fantastic, we had the best dinner that night than anywhere. My steak was the best I have had in years from anywhere. This is a must do !"

BT, SO glad you liked Prime! It doesn't get much press here, but it's one of our favorite places. One wouldn't necessarily think that a steak place can prepare wonderful fish dishes, but the mutton snapper I had on New Year's Eve was phenomenal. Good meeting you and the Mrs!

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A non diving trip, trip report.

Prime has been on my must try list for a while. In March when we were down we walked up to the door and read the menu and desided to go to seafood restaurant since we were in Key West. We can always get a steak at home so now I know better and will be at Prime more often.

9. Re: A non diving trip, trip report.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2010, 05:17