We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latitudes Review

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Key West
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Latitudes Review

I know there is sometimes a debate about Latitudes and if it is "worth it" Here is the review i just did for our visit.

My lovely Girlfriend and I ventured to latitudes for my birthday dinner last week. We made a reservation for our dinner so that we could take advantage of the sunset. The day we went out it rained off and on throughout the day. She considered changing the reservation but in the end we decided to keep it instead of delaying a day.

The trip over from the Westin was nice I would have liked to have arrived earlier and and taken advantage of the bar on the island. When we arrived on Sunset Key we were greeted by the hostess as we were walking to the restaurant. We were quickly seated on the beach with a table overlooking the water. Palm trees and tiki torches were all around. There was at least 10 ft between the tables and that was more then enough to give us that more "alone" feeling. The waiter came and took our drink orders and informed us of the specials. We had the "Latitudes" Oysters Rockefeller and an appetizer. My Girl friend had sweet potato crusted grouper. I had the Tenderloin. The oysters came out a bit cooler then I would have liked but had great flavor. They were not the best I have ever had but nerveless they were very good. Her grouper was exceptional. The fish was light and flaky and the sweet potato crust topped off the grouper texture. She ate every bit. My tenderloin was also very good. There was no need for the knife that was supplied, as the fork melted through it. The roasted wild mushrooms, and Yukon puree potatoes were great. I could have done without the Swiss Chard but it was easy to leave on the plate. For desert we chose the trio of Creme Brulee and the Flight of Cakes. The brulees were Lavender Honey, Mocha and Mango. Creme brulee is one of my all time favorite deserts so I was expecting alot. I did not care for the Lavender honey or Mocha but my GF loved both of those. The mango took about 2 spoonfuls to get used to, then I eagerly ate the rest. The Flight of Cakes were small sample sizes of Strawberry Shortcake, Black Forest, Carrot and Tiramisu cakes, I loved the Strawberry Shortcake and Carrot cake while my GF preferred the Black Forest and Tiramisu.

We would have loved to sit and enjoy another glass of wine overlooking the water in this intimate setting but unfortunately I needed to be back to the "real world" and functional the next day so were went home after dinner. I know that many people think of this restaurant and "expensive" but it is no more expensive then other places of this caliber. Where it does 'step above" is the atmosphere. It is truly a special place. My Girlfriend and I will not be strangers.

Fish hard,

Bonez

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,295 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latitudes Review

I'm so glad you posted this review -- it sounds wonderful. Definitely a place to keep in mind for a special occasion.

KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latitudes Review

Thanks for the review. This restuarant is definatly on our list in July.

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latitudes Review

I was hoping you would let us know how it was. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for posting.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
335 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Latitudes Review

That sounds wonderful!

Can you give me more details on getting to the restaurant? There is a boat you must take to Sunset Key to reach the restaurant? Where do you catch the boat and is there a fee to get a ride there? Also, what else is on Sunset Key? Can you go there even if you are not eating at Latitudes? Sorry for all the questions!!! And thank you...I enjoyed reading your experience. :)

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
335 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latitudes Review

Nevermind, I found the answers to my questions by looking at past posts. Thanks!

columbus, in
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Latitudes Review

I am really glad you enjoyed Latitudes as I always have and did this trip for my wife's birthday lunch. And it was great seeing you again this trip and having the opportunity to attend your wonderful birthday party and share an evening with you and your lovely GF on the porch of Grand Vin.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,551 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latitudes Review

I noticed that many restaurants in KW (actually, all of them) are pretty short on space and in several I was seated a little too close to other chairs.

A 10 foot buffer zone must be heaven!

Glad to hear it was as good as its reputation.

Can we get them to open a place like that here in Malibu or Santa Monica???

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,952 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Latitudes Review

We tryed to go last week when we were down but the only reservation we could get was 5:45 or 9:30 when we called and that was for 3 days out so we didn't get to go this time.

Next time !!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
300 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Latitudes Review

Bonez- Thanks for the review, may have to try and work it in this trip down. Everyone is looking forward to our outting with you as well!

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Latitudes Review

We were there last night for the pops fundraiser but were too full from all the apps to stay for dinner. I think they did a great job on the renovations and cant wait to go back and try dinner or the spa. Thanks for the review.