We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Accommodations in Key West Mid-July

Hilton Head Island
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Accommodations in Key West Mid-July

We are making our first trip to Key West and are looking for reccommendations on budget accommodations (less than $150) for two nights in mid-July for two people. We would prefer something in Old Town, within walking/biking distance of major attractions/restaurants. Beach is not a priority. Most of the hotel prices are pretty high, so we are probably looking for a B&B. Size of the room is not important since we will only be sleeping there - basic accommodations are fine but definitely needs to be clean and comfortable! Thanks for your help!

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Accommodations in Key West Mid-July

The Angelina, The Duval Inn,,The Speakeasy, The Avalon are just a few B&Bs that should meet your needs. You should also check out the Best Western Hibiscus,(great value) The Blue Marlin and The Southernmost Hotel. Have a great trip!

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Accommodations in Key West Mid-July

Ditto with the above list.

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,986 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Accommodations in Key West Mid-July

I would first check out the Angelina,if that does not work then I would look at the Best Western Hibiscus.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Accommodations in Key West Mid-July

I second the Duval Inn and BWH. Check out the Seascape Tropical Inn also.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget Accommodations in Key West Mid-July

we just got back from a week at the ANGELINA and it was great.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget Accommodations in Key West Mid-July

Ok here's my take. Angelena Guest house has small rooms, no TV, shared bathrooms, a nice pool and a good staff. If you are good with this, go for it

Best Western Hibiscus Motel has large rooms, TV, private bathrooms, nice pool, ok continental breakfest and is around the same price.

It all depends on what you want in a budget lodging. Summer is cheap. Stay wear you are comfortable.

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget Accommodations in Key West Mid-July

Duval Inn or Duval Gardens or Seascape Tropical. Angelina is neighborhood challenged. Hey, that is not bad, eh?

Edited: 15 June 2010, 03:33
West Palm Beach, FL
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget Accommodations in Key West Mid-July

Try Spindrift Motel on Simonton. Not a B&B, but it's right next door to perhaps the best spot on the island for breakfast: Camille's.

The hotel itself is fine if all you want is a nice comfortable bed, clean room with bath, cold A/C, a pool and free parking in a nice Old Town location. I have stayed there several times when everyone else wants $175 a night, and they usually have something for less than $100 (we just there in April and it was $89 a night). May be cheaper now that it's summer. Good luck!

http://www.keywestspindrift.com/

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
494 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Budget Accommodations in Key West Mid-July

Some Angelina rooms have their own bath. Only one room choice comes with a TV. It is central--close to blue heaven. We are staying there in July, but I haven't been there before. I am a little worried about parking since it only has street parking, but I havent heard of any problems

My second choice was the HIbiscus, but it was not very central. It might be close to the activities that you prefer, however.

Let us know which place you end up picking. We are going in Mid July as well so we will probably see you there!

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Budget Accommodations in Key West Mid-July

Spindthrift Motel - can honestly say that is the first i heard of it. Looks dated, but clean. interesting. i am a bit claustraphobic so i wish they would have eliminated the kitchenette for more open space, but i like the location and the pool is large.

Hibiscus vs Angelina location. Yes, Angelina is closer to most of the "hot spots," but Hibiscus is closer to the quiet end of Duval which to me is more of a relaxing area to be in and it is closer to Grand Vin and Louie's. there is a lot on the South end if you look for it.