We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bars live bands 70's 80's music

northwest
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
bars live bands 70's 80's music

We are a group of 4 women from 40 to 53 (fun loving) going on a girls trip we love dancing to live bands with music we know where are the best places? Thanks

Westwood, NJ
Level Contributor
992 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bars live bands 70's 80's music

I think you'll be fine just walking down Duval, starting at the Sloppy Joe's end.

I don't think I've ever heard modern music in Key West-I've only heard classic rock played everywhere that has live music- Sloppy Joe's, Hogs Breath, Green Parrot, Margaritaville, The Bull. Never been to Rick's or Eden.

Springfield IL
Level Contributor
197 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bars live bands 70's 80's music

Check out Carl Peachey at Captain Tony's or Schooner Wharf Bar, I really like that guy

West Palm Beach, FL
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: bars live bands 70's 80's music

Last time we were there in April we really liked the band at Virgilo's (off Duval at Applerouth). The band played Santana, Steve Wonder, KC and Sunshine Band, Earth Wind & Fire...was not what we were expecting but liked it!

virginia beach
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bars live bands 70's 80's music

definately the bull go see yankee jack also sloppys has some great bands

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,376 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bars live bands 70's 80's music

Two suggestions...

1. El Meson de Pepe which actually has a Latin band but they are located on a small alley-way just off the Mallory Docks. You can sit and have a drink (mojito) at the outdoor bar and list / danced/ be asked to dance.

www.elmesondepepe.com/

2. furycat.com/key-west/sunset-sailing-music.htm

3. The Tiki bar at the Ocean Key Resort, 0 Duval Street for a sunset, a drink, and live music.

Pjk

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,501 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bars live bands 70's 80's music

Well I guess they could be playing music from the '70s and '80s at El Meson de Pepe, but I wouldn't know the difference. ;)

Lots of places have live music and much of it is from (our) good old days.

7. Re: bars live bands 70's 80's music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2011, 05:16