We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Part of Breakfast with Frank the Magician at SWB is...

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,006 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Best Part of Breakfast with Frank the Magician at SWB is...

...he made the check disappear! What a guy.

8-)

Pjk

Vineland, New Jersey
Level Contributor
484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Part of Breakfast with Frank the Magician at SWB is...

Hey Pjk...will you still be in KW next week? Would love to meet up with a fellow NewJerseyan (is that a word???) in our favorite destination!

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
517 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Part of Breakfast with Frank the Magician at SWB is...

Frank is so fun! It seems I have no kind of poker face and we just laughed and laughed as he worked his magic on the cards. Next time I'll ask him about making our tab disappear!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,006 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Part of Breakfast with Frank the Magician at SWB is...

I'm at the airport right now with an ETA back in NJ of 7:15 P.M. Shoot.

Frank has a lot of new sleights of hand. There is one that involves the 6 of diamonds that I've never seen before and which is MAGIC!

Have fun in Key West. Check out Columbian Grace for dinner and now, as of this morning, breakfast, They only serve breakfast on Fri, Sat, and Sun, but it's worth settng aside one of these days for it .Each item on the regular breakfast menu has a name. It was a tough call between the Deliscious and the Grace but I opted for the Grace - scrambled eggs with diced peppers and corn and cheese over two grilled plantains. They start serving at 9:00 a.m. Tell Zelma Pete says Hi!

Pjk

Vineland, New Jersey
Level Contributor
484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Part of Breakfast with Frank the Magician at SWB is...

Sounds delicious! I already have them on my new places to eat list! Breakfast is my favorite meal so Columbian Grace it will be this coming weekend!

Sorry we're not going to meet up this time around....I'm back Oct 6 - 12. Maybe then?

Vineland, New Jersey
Level Contributor
484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Part of Breakfast with Frank the Magician at SWB is...

Oh! And I'll definitely tell Zelma that you said hi!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,006 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Part of Breakfast with Frank the Magician at SWB is...

I already miis Key West and would normally have to wait until May of next year, but hmmmmmm? Oct might be a thought.

Pjk

MD
Level Contributor
822 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Part of Breakfast with Frank the Magician at SWB is...

I had the "Delicious" breakfast at Columbian Grace myself...very good and quite a unique experience overall. Food is pretty tasty and atmosphere there in Bahama Village is very cool. I preferred the top level at night with a glass of sangria. Great place to share a romantic evening.

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Part of Breakfast with Frank the Magician at SWB is...

Peter, it's ZULMA. I told you that like five times while we were eating.

Not that you were paying much attention with that insanely great avocado appetizer. Was that delicious or what?! WOW.

It's funny. I don't see locals here. I see people who are visiting and want to eat someplace really exceptional with a lot of local atmosphere.

A contradiction? Not at all. Ask Pjk about Mr Chapman on his light-blazing funk-blasting three-wheeled trike. Or the spigot leaning off the side of a building two stories in the air going..where? Or the light from the setting sun, and the feeling of the Key West night coming on. Or the Night Magnolia blossoming up and down the street...

...I tell you, Colombian Grace is not for everyone, and that is fine by me.

PS Missed you for breakfast Pete but I hate good-byes. Can't wait for friends like you (who leave) to get back!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,006 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Part of Breakfast with Frank the Magician at SWB is...

Me, too. Glad we made it to dinner and the other breakfast at the Creperie *and* the Looe Key trip. What a great time!

I've never seen Mike so happy as when he is snorkeling, and smiling with a mouthpiece in is no easy thing. Paddle-boarding next trip with M and another Looe Key trip with Haig and his son.

Take care!

Pjk

10. Re: Best Part of Breakfast with Frank the Magician at SWB is...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 07:15