We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of these hotels are closest to the action?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
168 reviews
Save Topic
Which of these hotels are closest to the action?

Hi,

We're planning to be in Key West Dec 22-25 and looking to bid on Priceline for a hotel that's convenient for someone without a car. We'd like to be in proximity to the main parts of Duval Street for nightlife purposes as well.

Which of these hotels would be our best options? I'm trying to figure out my bidding strategy for Priceline.

Thanks!

Resort Casa Marina Waldorf Astoria

Resort Hyatt

4* Marriott Beachside

4* Reach Resort

3* Doubletree Grand Key Resort

3* La Concha Crowne Plaza REVIEW

3* Sheraton Suites

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which of these hotels are closest to the action?

Resort Casa Marina Waldorf Astoria - Beautiful historic hotel in a quiet part of old town. It's a bit of a walk or a bike ride to the action. It is on the Atlantic side of the island and has an ok beach.

Resort Hyatt - On the Gulf side or old town, right in the middle of "the action". It has a small beach.

4* Marriott Beachside - Nice hotel, but it is in new town and a few miles from "the action". P.S. There is no swimming beach.

4* Reach Resort - Next to Casa Marina. Very nice hotel, and it has a decent beach.

3* Doubletree Grand Key Resort - Long way out of "the action". It's in new town. It's a nice hotel though.

3* La Concha Crowne Plaza - Right in the middle of the lower Duval party zone. It's an older hotel, rooms can be small and it can be noisy, especially if you have a room overlooking Duval St.

3* Sheraton Suites - Nice place, out by the airport. It's a long way from old town if you do not have a car or at least a bicycle.

Of the hotels you listed, the Hyatt and La Concha put you in the area that you are interested in.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which of these hotels are closest to the action?

The Hyatt and La Concha are right in the middle of the action. Perfect locations.

Simkeith broke it down very well for you.

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which of these hotels are closest to the action?

Sheraton suites is directly across from Smathers beach, not by the airport. Double tree is closest to the airport. Neither are in old town or within reasonable walking distance IMO but within biking distance. La Concha is right in the middle of things, within walking distance to most of the nightlife. The Casa is a resort, much nicer than La Concha but further away and may require a cab at night if you're not a big walker. The Hyatt near Mallory is also close to activities and nightlife.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,291 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which of these hotels are closest to the action?

Sheraton Suites may be across from Smathers, but (as a visitor to Key West) I also consider it to be near the airport. Doubletree is really only closer to the airport by a hair.

I'd shoot for the Hyatt -- great location!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which of these hotels are closest to the action?

Thank you! Very helpful.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which of these hotels are closest to the action?

Cruisemom, I also consider the Shereton Suites to be "by the airport". For a second there, I thought maybe they had moved the place....

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which of these hotels are closest to the action?

I guess the island is so small, when I say by the airport I mean right there lol.

I guess it's all perspective.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,291 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which of these hotels are closest to the action?

When I'm staying on William Street, all those places "over there" are by the airport. LOL

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which of these hotels are closest to the action?

cruisemom. It's like when people on this forum talk about where the nude beach should be "right across from the airport" and I'm riding my bike thinking what are they talking about this is only a bike path and a seawall, the beach is waaay over there. lol

Chester County, PA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which of these hotels are closest to the action?

Cruisemon and JDJN9 - you guys are right on! It IS all perspective (and I'm one of the big proponents of putting the clothing optional beach "out by the airport"!) It's nothing for us to jump on the motorcycle and ride 100 miles for breakfast (heck, we've ridden to Syracuse just for a BBQ sandwich and back). Residents of KW must have different distance/travel perspectives when your immediate world is bound on most sides by water. Even when I lived in Maine 17 miles from the nearest red light, we still could travel decent distances in all directions with relative ease and speed. One advantage to the mainland - we have elsewhere to go BUT northeast! Although for the residents, I'm pretty sure that's not too much of a big deal!