We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hows Key West after Fantasy Fest?

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,893 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Hows Key West after Fantasy Fest?

We are thinking of visiting in early November. Probably the 1st week after FF. Just wondered if the crowds are gone? Also if everyone is worn out at restaurants, motels, etc or is it back to normal?

Key West Catamaran Sailing and Water...
71 reviews
from US$145.00*
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
55 reviews
from US$63.00*
Dry Tortugas National Park Day Trip...
44 reviews
from US$178.99*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
377 reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
10,861 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hows Key West after Fantasy Fest?

It is a fairly quiet time and a nice time to come. Not too many people stay past Sunday or Monday. Once the crowds leave, the city cleans up, and things are back to normal before you know it.

Chester County, PA
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hows Key West after Fantasy Fest?

KW does a very good and efficient job of "healing" after FF. Sunday AM brings backhoes "plowing" the streets of beer cans, beads, and other parade detritus where it is loaded into trucks and hauled away. KW returns to "normal" pretty quickly.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,657 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hows Key West after Fantasy Fest?

The MOM is the first week in November. That would make it more crowded than normal.

Vineland, New Jersey
Level Contributor
484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hows Key West after Fantasy Fest?

MOM means Meeting on the Minds....it's Parrothead week. If you're a Buffett fan, you'll understand the craziness.

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hows Key West after Fantasy Fest?

No one's worn out. Season is just getting started then. The MOM shouldn't effect anyone not coming for their events. Weather is usually good that time of year. Enjoy.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,893 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hows Key West after Fantasy Fest?

Parrothead week sounds good to me. If we can come it will be the Thursday thru Sunday after FF. Trying to work out costs, etc. Thats why I want to come early November before rates go up for tourist season. Plus maybe the weather will be a little bit cooler.

NJ
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hows Key West after Fantasy Fest?

Here is the schedule for MOTM.

http://www.phip.com/MOTM_Schedule.asp

Events at the Casa Marina are for those that are registered for the convention only. Others are open to the public. Fun street fair on Friday the 5th

Winston-Salem, NC
Level Contributor
255 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hows Key West after Fantasy Fest?

We are coming down that Wednesday - Sunday. I've noticed that some hotels have a higher than normal rate / some don't. But the biggest issue is availability. Most of the houses we looked at were booked, and the B&B's were filling up fast. Would rather stay in the heart of downtown rather than Roosevelt Blvd.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,893 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hows Key West after Fantasy Fest?

I know, we wanted to stay at the Best Western Hibiscus but it is already booked. I have to make sure I can take off work too before booking so that is making things worse.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hows Key West after Fantasy Fest?

The Parrot Heads have a Street Fest on their Friday agenda (Nov 5), at Duval/Flemming. Does anyone know if passerbyers can hang out too? Or are they blocking it off just for registered Parrot Heads?