We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West in early December

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
652 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Key West in early December

I'm thinking of surprising my husband with a four day trip in early December. I have never been at that time of year. How's the weather? Is there much going on or is the island gearing up for the holidays?

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,335 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key West in early December

The weather is usually great. Warm and sunny with less humidity. Things do quiet down for a couple weeks after Thanksgiving, but town is still busy and there is plenty going on. It is a great time to visit IMO.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key West in early December

I LOVE the first couple of weeks of Dec. It was my favorite time of year in Key West while I lived there. In fact we loved it so much we also got married during the first week of Dec. The weather is perfect - no or very low humidity, hurricane season is over and temps are a comfy high 70's to low 80's usually. Everything is open and ready to go but the town is quiet and the crowds are nothing to complain about. Christmas decorations are up or are being put up (palm trees with Christmas lights - go figure). Its a great time of year and we still try to visit around that time every year. I think you will have a wonderful time.

Lewiston, Maine
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Key West in early December

~

I would love to go in Dec. since the temps are comfortable

and its not crazy crowded. There is just something special

about palm trees in Christmas lights too!!

Enjoy!!

~

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Key West in early December

We love it that time of year. This will make our third year in a row we have been to Key West in the begining of December.

Right smack in the middle of stone crab season, yum!!!!!

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
517 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Key West in early December

We were there the last few days of November and into the first few days of Dec last year and it was our best trip ever! Weather was ideal, there were enough people to meet and have fun with but no crowds or waits anywhere we went. Due to job changes we can't go this year but we're planning to return next year at the same time!

Tallahassee, FL
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Key West in early December

Yes, this is the best time of year IMO (many others seem to agree too). Sunny skies, warm temps, rates are lower, cool Christmas stuff going on like the Lighted boat parade put on by Schooner Wharf as well as the historic lighted Inn tour. My wife and I have been with friends 3 times in early December and are returning this December again. Go for it.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,207 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Key West in early December

I agree with all the others -- the weather is usually just about perfect in early December. It did get a little cool for us one year, but we're Floridians. We now have a couple great Key West sweatshirts. ;)

Miami
Level Contributor
779 posts
401 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Key West in early December

I encourage my guests to come in early December. Generally some of our best weather and good for unique holiday shopping as well.

Green Bay
Level Contributor
189 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Key West in early December

Great news to hear since we will be there December 1-4. I've only been down in the middle of summer on previous visits so I am looking forward to less humidity.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
495 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Key West in early December

A large group of us will be there 12/3-12/6. We always love that time of year. You picked a great time to go.