We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coconut Mallory

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Coconut Mallory

Ok - I know it gets all kinds of reviews. Which rooms or area do I not want to be in? I got this short notice and am coming down next week. I am not new to KW and know where the resort is located. But the reviews are all over the place. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Looking foward to KW again!

Key West Catamaran Sailing and Water...
72 reviews
from US$145.00*
Dry Tortugas National Park Day Trip...
44 reviews
from US$178.99*
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
59 reviews
from US$63.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
378 reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coconut Mallory

the resort is in New Town so I hope you're not disappointed. When you come into town, make a left at the intersection onto Roosevelt and it will be on your left right before you hit Flagler. It is a few miles to the old town section of KW in a residential area of the island. That said, you are directly on the bike path that will take you over a bridge and continue on the water for some of the best views IMO, straight to smathers and higgs beaches and a fairly easy way to get to wherever you want to go.

I don't know the property that well, but my cousin and family stayed there a while ago and had no complaints. The pool area was nice as well.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coconut Mallory

We stay there every other year. Units are nice, large kitchens, 2 pools. No elevators and the units are on the 2nd and 3rd floors, parking on the 1st level under the units.

No real on-site activities like other timeshare resorts, basically you're on your own. There are bike rental companies that deliver, taxi to upper end of Duval was about $15. Bus stops close by, but the schedule was not accurate. Hop over to Stock Island, kayaks at Hurricane Hole, Hogfish for lunch.

Anyhing else, drop me a PM.

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coconut Mallory

Okay - thanks. We don;t spend much time at the place anyway. We will have our car and usually park in the lot across from PePe's.

I was just wondering if some buildings/units are better than others. I like a clean room.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,318 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coconut Mallory

We looked at buying a unit there this last spring mainly because it came with a boat slip. We found that unit unremarkable as it was in the middle and had no view of anything. I guess I'd look for a unit overlooking one of the pools or there were a few with a view of CowKey Channel. I think I'd avoid the units in front as they are only several feet from S. Roosevelt and a very busy intersection that must be noisey. Just an observation, with no first hand experience.

5. Re: Coconut Mallory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 05:31
Get answers to your questions about Key West