We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbie - Poker Run/Bike Week 2010

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
13 posts
Save Topic
Newbie - Poker Run/Bike Week 2010

Just wanted to post that I came down for the 1st time over the weekend of Sep 17th and think this is one of the most fabulous places on earth. I've always known I'd love it and now I find myself trying to find ways to get back down. I found this forum and am enjoying the posts.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,628 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbie - Poker Run/Bike Week 2010

Ha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You got it you got it.

YOU GOT IT

Ha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,405 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newbie - Poker Run/Bike Week 2010

So, ah, J'eet anywhere? Stay someplace? Do anything special? Maybe a drink or some music?

Huh?

Pjk

Chester County, PA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newbie - Poker Run/Bike Week 2010

Glad you had a great time. Hard not to. This event brought well over $2.1 million in to KW and to charity. The overwhelming response I have heard from everyone down here (locals in the service industry) is that it was a huge success and everyone loves this event.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,173 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newbie - Poker Run/Bike Week 2010

Somebody's got the Keys Disease! Join the club, there is no known cure, you just have to keep going back again and again and again....

Columbus, Ohio
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Newbie - Poker Run/Bike Week 2010

We tried to fit as much in as possible. We stayed at the Westin and upon check-in were upgraded to one of the ocean front rooms that overlooked the cafe area. We used hotel points, so the stay was free, which made it even better.

We arrived Fri night and made our way down Duval St, which was closed to cars. We ate at Fogharty's, grabbed a beer from the Hard Rock and watched the AC/DC Tribute Band. I thought they were great. I'm a wanderer, so during a break, I roamed around the Southern Cross Hotel.

On Saturday, we ate lunch at Finnegan's Wake - loved the Cocannonballs (sp?). We eventually found our way to Durty Harry's and Irish Kevin's. Other than some pizza slices, we missed dinner on this day...too much fun to be had.

On Sunday we stared with a Bloody Mary at Hogsbreath where we spent time talking with the Manager. She was trying to shell oysters for the first time, so it was fun. The girl that normally worked the bar had broken her arm, so they were in a jam. After that, we finally went into Sloppy Joes. It had been too crowded to get in on Sat & Sun. We had lunch and our waitress suggested we come back that night to see the 3 brothers from New Jersey or New York. Their name escapes me at the moment, but they were fantastic. I guess they only come down a couple times a year.

We left early Mon morning to catch a cruise out of Miami. I can honestly say that the cruise seemed somewhat boring after our weekend in Key West.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newbie - Poker Run/Bike Week 2010

Sounds like you had a fun time! Keys Disease strikes again!! Hurry back for the cure!!

Limey

Syracuse NY
Level Contributor
570 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newbie - Poker Run/Bike Week 2010

Sounds like a perfect first visit!

The band you saw at Sloppy's was the Juliano Brothers -- very popular when they play down there.

Columbus, Ohio
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Newbie - Poker Run/Bike Week 2010

Thanks for the band name. When I returned home, I looked them up and see that they play quite a bit in the NJ area. I don't live close to there, so won't be seeing them anytime soon.

9. Re: Newbie - Poker Run/Bike Week 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 05:17