We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Key or Pier House for honeymoon?

East Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Key or Pier House for honeymoon?

We're getting married next September (9/10/11) and will be arriving in Key West on Monday September 12th. I'm just trying to figure out where to stay... We love both Ocean Key and the Pier House because we want to be near Duval Street and Mallory Square and also have a nice ocean view... but i'm so torn! Both resorts look great, but I'd rather hear from somebody that has actually stayed there.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,909 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Key or Pier House for honeymoon?

Unless having the use of a small, private beach is important to you, I would go with The Ocean Key House.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Key or Pier House for honeymoon?

LOVE Ocean Key! Its a beautiful 4 diamond resort. The views are amazing and the rooms are beautiful.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34345-d1261…

East Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Key or Pier House for honeymoon?

i do think that Ocean Key is more beautiful, but I really love the small topless beach at the Pier House...

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Key or Pier House for honeymoon?

Both are very nice, but I'd pick the Ocean Key for a honeymoon.

NJ
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Key or Pier House for honeymoon?

Another vote for Ocean key. They are great for upgrading your room and you are traveling during off season.

Miami
Level Contributor
783 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Key or Pier House for honeymoon?

I'd pick the Pier House. They have some amazing new suites, very tropical grounds, a small private beach, plus a spa, and other services. I find the privacy factor here a plus as well.

Washington DC metro...
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Key or Pier House for honeymoon?

I just stayed at Ocean Key a few days ago, and it was great!

Last week, I walked over to Pier House to check out their beach. I wouldn't swim there. The view from that tiny beach isn't so great either, because it's obstructed by a large float anchored about 15 feet from the shore. I did see that Pier House has some rooms with AMAZING oceanfront balconies, but I have a feeling they're extremely expensive. They do have a nice garden area, but it is very small and hidden within a path/walkway. The pool is private from the public, but viewable from Pier House guest rooms.

Either place would be a great choice, but don't base the decision on the beach/garden area.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,777 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Key or Pier House for honeymoon?

I stay at the Pier House because of the beach which gives me the ability to sit under a palm tree and read duriing the day and to swim in the ocean when it becomes hot. And it would be romantic to pull two small beach chairs to the edge of the ocean at night, get two drinks, and to listen to the music from the piano bar.

Now about that float blocking the view...

…smugmug.com/Travel/…306542639_YF88s-S.jpg

Pjk

mohrsville
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean Key or Pier House for honeymoon?

Hey congrats on the wedding. I stay at Ocean Key and i'd be hard pressed to find a better resort in Key West. The staff is amazing , the rooms very nice and clean , location can't be beat , and the views speak for themselves. If you choose Ocean Key at time of arrival let them know you are getting married hey you never know what they will be willing to do for ya!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ocean Key or Pier House for honeymoon?

I vote Ocean Key.