We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on what a hotel can leave for my wife

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore
Level Contributor
184 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions on what a hotel can leave for my wife

I need some advice here…My wife and I will be attending KW next week for the boat races. My wife has been going through a rough time and I would like to surprise her with something on our arrival to the hotel. Anyone have suggestions on what I can ask the hotel to leave? Flowers are not an option because she won’t be able to bring them home and she would be upset if she had to throw them away after a couple days. Thanks for your help.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on what a hotel can leave for my wife

Rather than have the hotel present something, why not secretly buy her something, take it with you to KW and give her when you arrive.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
392 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on what a hotel can leave for my wife

I have seen some hotels that will have wine or chocolate covered strawberries in the room before your arrival. If your hotel has a spa you could contact the hotel and arrange a massage for her and they would probably leave a gift cert in your room. I saw some bracelets in Key West that were silver and a little gold. The had KW where the bracelet fastened. I don't know how much they were but really pretty and that would always remind her of the trip. I am sure someone on here will know where to get these.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions on what a hotel can leave for my wife

The KW bracelet is a great idea, you can pick one up at Local Color located at 200 something Margaret or they have a smaller store on the 400 block of Greene.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions on what a hotel can leave for my wife

How about a hooker waiting in the bed, and as soon as the door opens, she yells, HONEY I'M PREGNANT ......no wait....you want this to be a nice surprise. LOL

How about having a local florist deliver flowers, balloons, and chocolates. Have the hotel get you a nice bottle of good wine or champaign.

Orlando
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions on what a hotel can leave for my wife

There are no hookers in Key West.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
652 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions on what a hotel can leave for my wife

My husband got me a Tiffany's necklace (not that expensive, really) that our daughters helped him pick out. It was our initials in locket form. He packed them and shipped them with some other stuff (beach towels, snorkeling gear, stuff we always ship). The B & B put the box in our room. I opened it and found the blue Tiffany's box. You could have knocked me over with a feather (the hubby never does stuff like this). Also, the B & B put a nice bottle of bubbly out (it was our 20th Anniversary). And we had a couples' massage in our cottage. All was wonderful. The next trip, we bought a replica coin from the Atocha (could never afford the real one) and I added it to my necklace. Good luck and enjoy!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,414 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions on what a hotel can leave for my wife

Champagne is always nice. Where are you staying?

Pjk

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,915 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions on what a hotel can leave for my wife

If you know exactly what you want, the hotel may be able to pick it up for you and have it waiting in the room (for a small fee). Take a look at some of the suggestions already thrown out there, like the KW bracelet, if it looks like something she would like, ask the hotel to purchase it ahead of time.

Or, order something online and have it delivered ahead of time to the hotel.

Talk to the manager to get the details straight.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions on what a hotel can leave for my wife

The Hyatt sent a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to my room on my birthday a few months ago.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
184 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestions on what a hotel can leave for my wife

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll look into the KW bracelet. We're staying at the Weather Station Inn.