We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is this a place for us

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
is this a place for us

Mid-30's...looking for great beach and beach hut for afternoon hanging...and active night life. wife likes to go topless...is that permitted or the norm on the beaches?

Jef
Florida
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is this a place for us

The best night life for a laid back lifestyle,Key West isn't really known for it's spectacular beaches,Smathers Beach is the largest,don't get me wrong,it is a nice beach. As far as topless goes,there are some places that allow it (Atlantic Shores Resort). In my book there is no better place than Key West to party. C'mon Down!

Key Colony Beach
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: is this a place for us

PIER HOUSE has their own nude beach, and it's very private. No, I don't work for PIER HOUSE LOL. I just was very impressed when I stayed there last month. I live in Key Colony Beach ....

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
303 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is this a place for us

I can think of a lot of destinations that may suit you better (mostly European or Carribean). Your wife could expose her boobs on Jamaican public beaches without getting arrested but I've been told the locals find it somewhat offensive.

A lot of the all-inclusive resorts in various destinations have secluded "clothing optional" areas.

At any rate, "great beach" & KW are not synonomous.