We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

48 hours or so - what to pack?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
626 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
48 hours or so - what to pack?

Before long, mom and me will be on our way to Key West for our first trip. Birthday present for myself, and "thanks" gift to Mom for giving me the "birth"day.

Looking forward to lots of fun, many "hours of contentment" (aka Happy Hour), great seafood, shopping, and hopefully some sun.

Could you all please turn up the heat next week please?

What to pack? Is dress code pretty casual? What about at the drag shows - dress code there?

Thanks!

Can't wait.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 48 hours or so - what to pack?

Casual - everywhere.

Place everything that you're planning to take, put 1/2 of it back, and you'll still have too much clothes.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 48 hours or so - what to pack?

What buffetguy said, except if you want an upscale dinner in an upscale restaurant, clean the chili stain off your t-shirt. Buffetguy never gets that right.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,481 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 48 hours or so - what to pack?

Dress code is casual. If you feel the need to dress up, go ahead - all goes.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 48 hours or so - what to pack?

there's a page here on how to pack for Key West:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34345-c3809/Key-West…

Check the forecast for KW the night before your flight. If there's a cold front coming through (entirely possible from Nov to March) you might want to bring the coat you wore to the airport as well as some long pants.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
617 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 48 hours or so - what to pack?

Ironically, I didn't bring enough t-shirts. What a good excuse to have a bunch of new shirts from KW! And my Reef shows hung in their better than the Tivas.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
10,688 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 48 hours or so - what to pack?

There is only a dress code in the drag shows if you are performing!

Key West is totally casual. Just avoid tank tops in the nicer places and you will be fine.

Palm Harbor, Florida
Level Contributor
934 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 48 hours or so - what to pack?

My lady & I just had one dressy outfit each (for Lattitudes), and super casual for everything else. Remember KW is total relaxation!!!!!!! Keep your suitcase on the light side. Bring footwear you like walking in. Cause you walk everywhere.

Have a great time!!!!! We can't wait to go back.

I have reviews posted from our November trip.

Cheers------Ken

New Jersey
Level Contributor
503 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 48 hours or so - what to pack?

1 pair of sandals, 1 pair of sneakers, 1 pair of dress shoes if you are going to an upscale rest. like Lattitudes. Like the rest have said, look at what you are going to pack and put 1/2 if not 3/4 back. I bring all of my skin care, hair & makeup samples that I collect through the year. 1 suitcase for 2 people, a long way from the 4 we used to take 20 yrs. ago. lol

Have fun, you are in paradise.

9. Re: 48 hours or so - what to pack?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2011, 06:17