We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best live music?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
IN
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Best live music?

Where is the best place to hear live music in Key West?

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best live music?

What kind of music do you like? St. Paul's Church does a great organ performance at noon weekdays. The bars have their own thing. Be specific and we might be able to answer your question.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,777 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best live music?

I've heard really good music in many places, just walk around. the best I've heard was late at Capt'n Tony's. They just hit a 70's funny bone and there were many Black Knights there that night. I don't remember the name but we had a $25 parking ticket that night.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
323 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best live music?

I have many favorite places to see Live music and the Green Parrot is one of them.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best live music?

Another vote for the Green Parrot.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best live music?

Just walk around and you will find your favorite. One of the GREAT things I love about Key West is the amount of great music that is everywhere, seems like at almost any time. I have stumbled across some really fantastic singers at 1PM when i was just strolling around town. That being said....Some of the best nights of my life have been spent at the Green Parrot :)

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best live music?

Green Parrot, Hog's Breath and Schooner Wharf Bar...no cover!!

Limey

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,951 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best live music?

The best *place* for live music is sitting at the tiki bar at the sunset pier at the Ocean Key Resort, 0 Duval Street. One of the bartenders there Al, AKA KWAL, makes the best Bloody Marys, Margeritas, mojitos, and you can time it so that you watch the sunset while you sip a drink and listen to the music. After sunset, linger so that you can watch the lighted ships coming back from sunset sails. Pick one for the next night.

Pjk

Edited: 07 January 2011, 16:30
mohrsville
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best live music?

I had a "street performer" seranade me with a Sublime song(which just happens to be one of my favorite bands) and one druken night as I wandered out of SWB I was hit up by an equally drunk "street performer" and the two of us sang the most terrifying duet of Sweet Child o mine!! All this entertainment and all it cost me was 2 bucks!!!! Oh yeah you asked about the best live music try The Green Parrott!!

Edited: 07 January 2011, 16:53
Syracuse NY
Level Contributor
570 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best live music?

It all depends on who's playing, what you like and what mood you're in. Schooner Wharf, Hog's Breath, Sloppy Joe's and the Green Parrot are all good bets for the best musicians, depending on the day/time/your tastes.

Places like Captain Tony's, Willy T's, Virgilio's and the Bottlecap are also worth checking out, depending on who's playing.

The first 4 I mentioned are the most reliable, although the Parrot doesn't have live music all day every day and night like like the other 3 do.

IN
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best live music?

Thank you! I added the Green Parrot to my list of to-do's!