We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to find a hotel in Key West

Rochester, New York
1 post
Save Topic
Trying to find a hotel in Key West

I will be going to the Keys in March. Treating my daughter for her 20th birthday. She would like to stay in a room with a balcony overlooking the water that is within walking distance to restaurants and shops. Any suggestions without breaking the bank? She likes lush, tropical venues.

Level Contributor
1,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to find a hotel in Key West

Hey MarineMom21, I don't know what "breaking the bank" is, but from what you described Ocean Key Resort could work. If you give a round about budget those on this forum will definately steer you in the right direction. Feel free to post any and all questions you may have, you will certainly get some great advice.

Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to find a hotel in Key West

Ocean Key is lovely! So worth the extra $$$. It is within walking distance of most everything, so you wouldn't have to pay for transportation around the island.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
11,076 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to find a hotel in Key West

Not breaking the bank for Ocean Views in the heart of town will be the challenge.

Ocean Key, Pier House, Weston, and Hyatt downtown all meet your criteria if you pay for an ocean view room. On the quieter end of Duval you can look at The Southernmost on The Beach, The Reach, or The Casa Marina. This end of Duval has smaller bars restaurants and galleries, instead of the big tourist bars and tee shirt shops at the other end. Let us know if the bank can handle it.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
588 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to find a hotel in Key West

Hey MarineMom, I will be taking my daughter to KW for her 21st birthday in May. We are staying at the Pier House. I've been to KW many times and I think this would suit her just fine. It was a little difficult finding a place with two beds in one room but the Pier House fits the bill perfectly. When I go to KW with DH, we like the B&Bs because we like mingling with the other guests but my daughter isn't interested in that.....another reason I chose the Pier House.

5. Re: Trying to find a hotel in Key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2011, 06:21