We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We had the good fortune tonight

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,453 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
We had the good fortune tonight

To attend the discussion tonight at the Little White House. Four children and grandchildren of U.S. presidents came together to discuss their famous fathers and grandfathers and was televised nationally on Cspan3. The program is called "Growing up with a President in the Family". It was very interesting and shows that KW offers more than Duval St. however I did manage to score a glass of wine. :-)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We had the good fortune tonight

Nice one!

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We had the good fortune tonight

Sounds like fun, good for you.

PJ

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: We had the good fortune tonight

I'm curious to know which children and grandchildren participated!

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We had the good fortune tonight

Pretty cool RONO,,,and btw.... 8-12 inches of snow up here with a 1/2 of ice coming in the morning.......enjoy it down there

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,453 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We had the good fortune tonight

Having a blast socrog! The kids were Susan Ford, Margaret Hoover, Clifton Truman Daniels, and Luci Baines Johnson. They humanized the four presidents, dispelled rumors and shed light on the "real story" about these men.

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: We had the good fortune tonight

Oh gosh, I'm wildly jealous! We've spent a lot of time in Key West but I never remember seeing anything like that at the Little White House. Lucky you!!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We had the good fortune tonight

Wow! That is good fortune! Glad you had the chance to see that live! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

whinta
Level Contributor
176 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We had the good fortune tonight

I'm also here escaping the ice and snow and wanted very much to go to the Little White House for this event, but it was too tough a sell for the family. I'm hoping that the Museum puts out a tape or transcript. It was either this program or Noel Paul Stookey on 2/18 at the Tennessee Williams Theatre (he's the "Paul" of Peter, Paul and Mary). Anyway, you did what I recommend to all KW visitors. Check out in advance of your trip what is going on in various venues. Particularly in high season, there is more to do than the usual. As I said, I would have liked to do both events, but theory collided with reality.

Paul was excellent, by the way. His voice is still good and his fingers remain nimble. He kept the old stuff fresh and with the new stuff he proves he retains an ear for melody.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,036 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We had the good fortune tonight

I didn't care for the tour of the Little White House but it's nice to get back in and around it just to walk around. I thought the most interesting thing, though, was the poker table.

Pjk

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
713 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We had the good fortune tonight

How appropriate and wonderful for Presidents' Day!