We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are these certain streets only residental parking???

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
are these certain streets only residental parking???

We are coming in June and renting a house off of Caroline St. I know there is only metered parking on Caroline and I need 2 parking spaces around that area. I looked on google maps upclose and William St. and Margaret St. and Elizabeth St. look like they have spots that are not metered..but are these spots just residential parking?? Thanks for any help guys can't wait to come back down!!!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,353 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: are these certain streets only residental parking???

I can say without a doubt there are some spots on William that are not marked for residents. We always park on William when we stay at our favorite B&B.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: are these certain streets only residental parking???

Thanks so much for getting back with me that is exactly what I needed to know we only get 1 parking spot for our house...10 people are going so there will be more than 1 car :) This makes me feel much better.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,353 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: are these certain streets only residental parking???

You may have to look for a bit, but we've really never had much of a problem finding a parking space when we arrive. At times we've had to park a block or two away, but once we park the car we don't move it until we have to leave Key West.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: are these certain streets only residental parking???

That is the plan ....park and don't move. I just wanted to go ahead and scout out certain streets for us to park at. I know June isn't too crowded so fingers crossed :D

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,474 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: are these certain streets only residental parking???

I toatlly agree with cruismom2, parking should not be a problem in that area, like she said it may not be right in front of your house, but probably close by.

Have a great trip!

Key West
Level Contributor
448 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: are these certain streets only residental parking???

Probably obvious, but just be sure the spot is not marked "Residential Parking". They allot a certain number of spots as non-residential (unmarked), so you won't have a problem if you get there first. You will very likely get ticketed and/or towed if you park in a residential spot in that area.

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: are these certain streets only residental parking???

"but once we park the car we dont move it until we have to leave key west"

This is why there is a parking problem for locals. illegal parking in residential spots. This is being addressed by the new parking csar so keep tuned.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,353 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: are these certain streets only residental parking???

For the record, we do NOT park in spots that are marked for residents and we are not parked illegally. I thought I was clear about that in my first post. We don't move the car again because we don't have to need to drive around Key West while we're there on vacation.

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: are these certain streets only residental parking???

"for the record" you are still taking up a parking spot for absolutely no reason. It's a small island. "for the record" there are almost NO unmetered parking spots in old town that are not residentially marked.

Key West
Level Contributor
448 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: are these certain streets only residental parking???

Actually Jdn that's not correct. There are a certain number, although few, that are not marked as "residential" on the side streets without meter. I live in old town and have a car used mainly to go to new town on occasion, so I understand the need to covet them. However, they are not all residential in old town.