We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls only trip to Key West?

Northeast
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Girls only trip to Key West?

My best friend and I want to do a girls only trip (no husbands, no kids). Would you recommend Key West for us? We want to do it rather quickly and I don't have a passport so that leaves a lot out. We are hoping for some pool time, shopping, dining, nightlife. Any suggestions on where to stay would be greatly appreciated.

Michigan
Level Contributor
905 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls only trip to Key West?

What time of year and general budget?

Northeast
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls only trip to Key West?

We are hoping to go in early April...high season I'm sure. I'm coming from PA, but my best friend is a Florida resident. Probably want to stay around $250/night for the hotel, if this is even feasible for this time of year. Thanks!

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,401 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls only trip to Key West?

Depending on your dates (weekends will probably be higher), you may find something around that price at Orchid Key. It's in a fairly central area, has a pool and is close to a lot of restuarants and bars.

http://orchidkey.com/

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls only trip to Key West?

Check out the hotels on the end of Duval on the water..

PierHouse... Westin...Hyatt... Ocean Key.. fantastic location...

Key West would definitely be fun for a girls weekend..

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,401 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls only trip to Key West?

Those are all great places, but I'd be very surprised if you could find anything even close to $250 in April. A quick online search shows much higher prices for that timeframe.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls only trip to Key West?

you will have many choices in your price range provided you act quickly and search under both Hotels AND B&Bs.

Key West can be a great place for you and has all you are looking for.

TRy to get as close to the middle of Duval or Simonton. The beach resorts will be too expensive.

mohrsville
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls only trip to Key West?

Yes Key West will work for a girls only vacay for sure!!! The island has some great restaraunts with awesome views, the nightlife can not be beat, the shopping is OK (check out local color). I dont know if B&Bs are your thing but a quick search and I'm sure you will find something really nice in that price range, also check out the Pier House. Keep us posted on how you are making out!!!

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls only trip to Key West?

I selected the dates of 4/1-4/3, just from you saying it would be early April. Obviously I do not know if you are coming in on a weekend. You do have some choices in your price point--it's just a matter of what is important to you.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
41 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girls only trip to Key West?

I am going to KW at the mid-end range in April and I am staying at the Orchid Key. Fantastic little hotel with more of a B&B feel. It is right around that price range (250) but is more expensive on the weekends. Another good hotel is the Almond Tree (another beautiful B&B type hotel) with the same price range. Both are close to Duval (block or less away) and the island is full of activities to do with your girlfriends. All you have to do is start walking around and see what you find. Shops, bars, restaurants, and beaches are all within walking distance, but if you really want to get around quickly, rent a bike for the few days you are there. Anything that is a 15-30 minute walk, goes down to 5-10 minutes...great way to see the most of the island!

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
451 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Girls only trip to Key West?

Check out the Duval Inn. Centrally located and very cute rooms. We enjoyed our stay there last year. It looks to be in your price range, too.

www.duvalinn.com