We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mallory square question

Blairstown, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
mallory square question

i know most people go to mallory square for sunset. we will be doing dinner at sunset and thinking of going over after....i cannot for the life of me find any info on what time things end at mallory square. anyone know what time it packs up?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,276 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mallory square question

Stop at Mallory before dinner for the entertainment.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mallory square question

Things pretty much end right after sunset.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mallory square question

it really does clear out rather quickly as soon as the sun sets. actually quite amazing.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: mallory square question

As soon as the sun goes down, it all ends! The people move on to start the rest of their evening. I actually really enjoy lingering though... the sun goes down and even if you sit ten more minutes quietly, the whole place is yours and it is really quite romantic.

Jess

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mallory square question

I would say to change your dinner plains if you are only in town one night.

If you are in town more than one night have dinner at sunset one night and go to Mallory Square another evening. Try to get there an hour before sunset.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,593 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mallory square question

since the big, yellow orb in the sky goes down at different times every day there is no set time for sunset.

The entertainers and vendors set up at about 2 hours before sunset and climax right after.

Right now Key West sunset is at about 6:30:

…yahoo.com/united-states/…

columbus, in
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mallory square question

I have to say I was shocked that you intended to go to Mallory Square outside of the times to take in its sunset celebration. That is its raison d'etre. Definitely plan on dinner after sunset or visit Mallory Square another night if you are in Key West for multiple days. Otherwise, you will need to save Mallory Square for a return trip to Key West. Don't worry, having been to Key West, you WILL return! It is called Keys Disease. There is no known cure; just return visits to keep it in check.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,987 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mallory square question

The ne plus autre or people watching is to be at the outside bar at El Meson de Pepe with a drink just after the sun goes down. You can see hundreds of people filing off Mallory Square and walking back to Front Street by the bar. It's an amazing parade, some of whom will hear the music from the band and try a few steps as they pass by.

Pjk

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: mallory square question

Keys Disease, lol. Yes, I definitely have that. I love Miami, but have to visit Key West at least once every 3 months.

Jess

10. Re: mallory square question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 22:17