We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowne Plaza La Concha

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Crowne Plaza La Concha

Hitting the rock on 3-24, staying at the Crowne. Any feedback on room numbers or which side of the property has the best view etc? Not even sure if it matters, but if only some rooms have balconies etc i would love to know now so i can start working on it. Thanks in advance and looking forward to seeing any and all at CTH on 3-25. Stay thirsty my friends.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowne Plaza La Concha

not sure of the room situation, but the rooftop there has the best view of both the sunset and teh island itself. ENJOY !

Michigan
Level Contributor
905 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowne Plaza La Concha

When we arrived, the front desk gave us a choice between several rooms he had available, saying we could check in now to a certain floor or wait for some other rooms that were opening up in a quieter or more scenic area. We opted to check in right then (we were pretty pumped to change clothes and commence drinking ASAP); the room faced Duval w/ no balcony. I wouldn't say it was library-quiet as we could hear our neighbors consummating their relationships throughout the day and night, but it wasn't loud enough to keep us awake or anything! Also we could not hear the partyers on Duval from the 4th floor so no problem there. We thought the room was pretty comfortable and are >>>>>this close<<<<<< to booking again for 2011!

Anyway, give the front desk a call and ask what kinds of rooms are available during your stay. They can be pretty helpful!

And yes, the rooftop bar is pretty great, really good beers and superb views! The pool is beautiful too and there's a big bar next to it as well. Have a lot of fun!!!!

Miami
Level Contributor
783 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowne Plaza La Concha

There are very few rooms there with balconies and I'm sure they come at a premium price. I'd opt for a room on the back (Whitehead Street) side for a better nights sleep. Love The Top for sunset.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crowne Plaza La Concha

Jeannie,,,did you see they had OBERON on tap at the rooftop bar.

Michigan
Level Contributor
905 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crowne Plaza La Concha

I couldn't remember what it was, I know they had something that made my husband all happy! I'm a very LAME beer drinker...give me quantity over quality any day.

6. Re: Crowne Plaza La Concha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 17:18