We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike Rental/Restaurant Reservations

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Bike Rental/Restaurant Reservations

My husband and I will be coming to Key West for our first time in 2 weeks! We are so excited! We will be staying at the Southermost Hotel and want to rent bikes. How does this usually work? Do you rent by the hour or by the day? Are there any recommendations of where to rent? Would like nice bikes with a nice deal :)

I also wanted to see if you guys thought we should make reservations for dinner each night. We would like to just walk around and figure out lunch as we go, but I thought it would be nice to be able to eat and not have to wait hours for a table. Any thoughts? If so, what would you recommend for our first night? Looking for a fun Key West atmosphere with $10-$20 meals.

Thanks!!

Miami
Level Contributor
779 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike Rental/Restaurant Reservations

Many of the best restaurants are on Open Table. Having a reservation during the high season keeps the frustration level low. For meals in the $10-20 price range it is best to see where there is an opening.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,165 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike Rental/Restaurant Reservations

You can rent bikes by the day or by the week. We like to rent from A & M -- they have well-maintained bikes that come with a basket, lock and lights at a good price. They also offer free customer pick up.

http://www.amscooterskeywest.com/rental.html

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike Rental/Restaurant Reservations

There are a lot of 10-20 dollar restaurants in kw but most do not take reservations. I would try the cafe on southard and alonzos at A+B downstairs. You could stay under 20 at banana cafe and santiagos. Both take reservations. Reservations really are a must this time of year if you don't want to be disappointed.

mohrsville
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike Rental/Restaurant Reservations

Depending on what your tastes are you can find alot of places in that price range. I only made a reservation one time , that was at A&B , because we had a group of 22. Hit up El Siboney, great cuban food at great prices , Sunset Pier ,their wings are great , so is their fried shrimp , and they really do make a great cuban!! Roof Top Cafe for lunch. Alonzo's at happy hour 4:00 until 6:30 half price drinks and half price apps , check out their website the apps are as good as a meal for sure. Half shell Raw bar , 50 cent oysters. Turtle Kralls , half price drinks and some apps I think , when my wife and I were there things were quite hazy for me , I do remember the great views from the tower bar LOL!!! Have fun!!!

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,208 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bike Rental/Restaurant Reservations

This time of year you need reservations at the more popular spots. Santiago's Bodega is a good small plates restaurant and in your price range if you do not order too many plates. You need to reserve here. Sweet Teas is a new place with nothing over $14 on the menu and most choices under $10. You can also make that budget work at Half Shell Raw Bar if you are near the harbor.

For bikes, I recommend Eaton Bikes. Good quality bikes with locks and lights and they will deliver the bikes to your hotel.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,803 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bike Rental/Restaurant Reservations

I have friends who come to Key Wst each year for a week. On the first day they rent two bikes for the week even though they might not use them every single day. They like to have them so that they can use them whenever needed. It seems the most convenient to me.

Pjk

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
350 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bike Rental/Restaurant Reservations

I second A&M. For $40-45 you get them for the whole week. I agree with PJK in that you have them even if you don't use them every day. I think you will be surprised at how much you end up using them.

NYC
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bike Rental/Restaurant Reservations

We always go with Eaton Bikes -- love their friendly service and the fact that the bikes are equipped with lights for at night. You can take a look at my trip report from January for ideas as to where to eat . . . in the inexpensive range I'd definitely recommend Southermost Beach Cafe and Amigos . . . and don't miss sunset drinks at Louie's! http://traceyg.travellerspoint.com/22/

Have a great trip and try not to catch "Keys Disease"! ;)

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
252 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bike Rental/Restaurant Reservations

We like Eaton Bikes the best. The service is second to none and the bikes are comfortable and fully equiped. Chris is the owner and a great guy who will take care of your needs, give them a try. Enjoy

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,803 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bike Rental/Restaurant Reservations

Eaton Bikes ---> http://www.eatonbikes.com/

Pjk