We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trumbo Point USN Entry: Vehicle Decal Required

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
211 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trumbo Point USN Entry: Vehicle Decal Required

To enter you will need, BOTH, current vehicle decal and Military I.D. card. I was there last Sept for Harley Poker-Run. Many retirees had to park vehicles and motorcycles outside the gate at TP because they had no decal. This seems to be happening more these days, as USAF did away with decals. So when I am near a military installation I go to Pass and ID and get a decal. Now, "catch 22". Neighbors at Trumbo Point drove out to Boca Chica pass and ID to obtain a decal. they were told "Unable, you don't live here", but then someone else got their decal. So, go figure. Depends who is working at he desk I guess. just have a current decal before you get there.

RT

Key West
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trumbo Point USN Entry: Vehicle Decal Required

You may want to repost this on the "Navy MWR Condos at Trumbo Point" thread, to keep it grouped with questions about Trumbo Point and the base. I'm very sure it will more then confuse some of the other folks here. On other notes the bases down here are now "easy pass" and lets just say the name "Easy Pass" is not exactly the truth.

Thank you for your service to our country,

Bonez

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trumbo Point USN Entry: Vehicle Decal Required

Ran into the same thing this week going to the Navy beach.

Buster

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trumbo Point USN Entry: Vehicle Decal Required

To add to the post, I was able to get a temp pass for the amount of time I'm here. Although I was Air Force DoD and we do have a Navy Base close to us, I will get a full vehicle pass before we come down next year.

Buster

Florida
Level Contributor
211 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trumbo Point USN Entry: Vehicle Decal Required

Capt Bonez, Thank you for your words.

I 'thought' I had posted this to TP MWR Condo's.

5. Re: Trumbo Point USN Entry: Vehicle Decal Required

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 07:15