We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt on key West

Boston
2 posts
Save Topic
Hyatt on key West

Has anyone stayed here? Thoughts on the property? Is there a beach close by? Thanks.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,166 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt on key West

The Hyatt on Front Street has its own small (as in very small) beach, but there is also Fort Zachary Taylor with a larger beach within walking distance of the hotel.

The location is great and the property is nice with its own pier and a boat, the Floridays, which moors right there. It has a pool and nice pool area, but when I stayed there the pool was only three feet deep and I didn't use it.

Pjk

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt on key West

I think there are 3 Hyatts on Key West. Two are in the new town area and the one refered to above is in Old Town. Which one are we talking about?

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,232 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt on key West

Best place to start (if you are referring to the Front Street Hyatt):

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34345-d209387-…

I've stayed there 2 or my last 3 trips and would not hesitate to recommend.

(My review is posted on TA).

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
10,264 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt on key West

I am not sure I would consider Fort Zachary Beach "walking distance" from The Hyatt. It is about a 1.5 miles each way, so you have to like walking in the heat.

All three Hyatt's are very nice. I think the resort on Front Street is the nicest and has a great location in Old Town. Hyatt Windward Point is out by the airport and offer nice large rooms, a large pool, and it is across the street from a walking path along the water that leads to Smather's Beach about a mile up. The disadvantage to this one is you need to drive, taxi, or take a pretty long bike ride to Old Town.

Daydream Island...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt on key West

...... I belong to Hyatt's program and the rates for the old town property seem to be rather high considering their hit or miss ratio with reviewers that have more than one post. Several have commented on the condition of the rooms needing refurbishment and the small pool area and so so dining.

I am also considering the Hyatt for a fall stay, but may use the Westin or somewhere else again in Key West for better rates and rooms.

The Windward Pointe property is nice with two bedrooms and large patio's, but well back from the Duvall section. It has been several years since we stayed at Winward Pointe though. The sales staff can be a pain there if they still pitch to everyone.

Edited: 30 March 2011, 18:24
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,166 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt on key West

I stayed at the Hyatt once just for a change of pace and after the 2nd day wished I was back at the Pier House: It has a nicer beach, nicer rooms, at least in comparison with the ones at the Hyatt then, a nicer beach-side bar, pool, hot-tub, and grounds.

Pjk

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt on key West

There are actually 4 Hyatt properties - 3 timeshares and one hotel. The Front Street Hyatt Resort and Marina (already mentioned), the Hyatt Sunset Harbor (timeshare on the water just down from Mallory Square), the Beachside (right before you get onto the island), and the Windward Pointe, which is the newest property and is next to the airport.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
394 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt on key West

Regardless of whether you stay there, the bar/restaurant's balcony is an excellent place to watch sunset "far from the madding crowd."

Steve in Houston

9. Re: Hyatt on key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 15:17