We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Pre-Trip report, and a Thank you

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ambler
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Topic
A Pre-Trip report, and a Thank you

Just wanted to say thank you to all the contributors and members for the various information. The forum has been invaluable to us as we plan our trip. And after about 18 months of planning, the trip finally is here!

So again thank you!

Now down to a little bit of fun... The purposes of this are mostly just to have a bit of fun, and see if you guys have any extended recommendations.

I'm dubbing this trip "Key Lime Pie, relaxing...annnnd a Wedding"

Friday April 8th.

-Land about 1pm

-Go to the clerks office, get our marriage license.

-Check-in to the Reach

-Meet up with various friends and grab an early dinner (we're thinking at blue heaven, which is my fav. KW restaurant so far).

-Get key lime pie.

-Head out to the bars.

Saturday

-Wake up...get lunch (haven't picked a place yet) (I'm assuming breakfast will be lost this day).

-Rehearsal at 2:30

-Relax on the beach or by the pool...or both.

-Rehearsal dinner at my parents condo rental.

-Get key lime pie.

-Head out to the bars

Sunday

-Wake up...get brunch with the groomsmen at Blue Heaven (never tried the breakfast).

-Go tour the butterfly conservatory (or some sorta tour).

-Start getting ready at the Reach with the groomsmen.

-5:30 Get married

-6:30 Head out somewhere for photos... we're thinking the Key West Garden club. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Originally we were going to Fort Zach, but my photographer has told me that no longer seems to be an option.

-8:30 Head to rooftop cafe for the dinner/reception. Brian Robers is going to be doing a solo acoustic show for us. It should be a real nice and laid back reception. We just wanted good food, good drinks, and good music. We figure if we get that, the rest will work itself out.

-Eat Key lime pie.

-11:30ish Head out to the bars.

Monday

-Wake up, have brunch with family and friends before they head out.

-Retreat to the beach/pool

-Relax as much as possible.

-Go for a private snorkel/sunset dinner combo cruise on Dream Chaser.

-Eat key lime pie.

-Probably take it easy in the hotel bar or hotel balcony.

Tuesday

-Wake up...have brunch somewhere (no place in mind yet)

-Eat key lime pie.

-Sadly, fly out and head back home.

It should be a whirl wind of a weekend, but we're pretty excited about it!

Edited: 05 April 2011, 21:18
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,796 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Pre-Trip report, and a Thank you

If "Wake up" was not on the itinerary, would you sleep all day? 8-) Sounds like a plan to me. Congrats. Since you will have already been to the Rooftop, brunch at the Westin? Bistro 245?

Pjk

Ambler
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A Pre-Trip report, and a Thank you

Pjk

There's a good possability i'd sleep all day at least one of the days if not directly instructed to wake up :)

bistro 245 i'm not that familiar with, but i'll happily go look it up.

Brunch at the westin is definitely a good idea though.

Ambler
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A Pre-Trip report, and a Thank you

I forgot to add one of my other ideas, which is to have a couple of the groomsmen who haven't been to Key West yet 'meet' me at the Garden of Eden friday night.

And by 'meet'... I mean I'll be at Sloppy Joes or somewhere else.

But I think it'll be a good introduction to Key West for them :)

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,796 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Pre-Trip report, and a Thank you

Bistro 245 is the nice restaurant at the Westin on the Mallory dock,s and over-looking the harbor and Sunset Key. I like to have breakfast there once in a while, sitting under an umbrella and sampling their eggs Benedict. Maybe watching the Danger Charter boats go out (and wishing I was on board for another trip).

Pjk

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,164 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Pre-Trip report, and a Thank you

Sounds like a great plan to me! Did you parents decide to have the rehearsal dinner catered? Pepe's Cafe is one of our favorite places for breakfast or brunch -- just a thought. An early congratulations and thanks for the pre-trip report! I'm looking forward to the post-trip report, with pictures. :)

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Pre-Trip report, and a Thank you

Congrats and have a great trip!

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A Pre-Trip report, and a Thank you

Love having your groomsmen "meet" you at GOE........lmao !!!

columbus, in
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A Pre-Trip report, and a Thank you

I wonder why you called this Key Lime Pie, etc. Are you sure once a day is enough Key Lime Pie? lol Have a wonderful trip and best wishes to you! I look forward to the trip report. I also love the meet and greet at GOE. lol

Ambler
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: A Pre-Trip report, and a Thank you

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

@cruisemom

My fiancee wanted something light to eat, so my parents are ordering a whole buncha various food from Publix and hosting the dinner in the banquet hall at the condo place. Which is fine by me...i'm not picky at all. I just wish they had come to that decision before i spent weeks looking at restaurants :)

But I told my mom that she had to get key lime pies for dessert. To which she responded "But you're having it with your wedding dinner the next night"

and I replied back "Actually I plan on having it every night i'm there, so what's your point?"

:D

Edited: 06 April 2011, 04:52
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
652 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A Pre-Trip report, and a Thank you

Congratulations! I think you'll enjoy Roof Top. My husband and I have spent several anniversaries there and they never fail to take great care of us. Make sure you get a picture next to the huge tree trunk on the deck out front. Have a great time and a great marriage!