We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Night Dining After 10pm

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Late Night Dining After 10pm

Arriving on Friday 4/22 around 9ish so by the time we get to the hotel (Light House Court Inn) and unpack it should be after 10pm. Can anyone recommend a Friday late night restaurant that is good and would not be mad we walked in after 10pm?

Edited: 11 April 2011, 19:32
Sheffield Lake, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late Night Dining After 10pm

Not sure that there are any restaurants open that late (I could be wrong), but when we get hungry after 10:00, we either grab a cheesesteak sandwich over at Mr. Z's (on Southard, east off of Duval), or head over to the Sports Page on Greene Street - they have very good bar food! Some people really like Angelina's Pizza (I'm not a huge fan), and they're open pretty late as well. As far as a sit down dinner goes, I will have to defer to someone who knows more about that than I do.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late Night Dining After 10pm

RandiMOH- Thanks for the suggestions , being a Philly boy I will prob check out MR Z's at leat once when I get the munchies after drinking!

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late Night Dining After 10pm

Finnegans on Grinell has a great variety of menu items served until 1A., very innovative, It's not your average Irish bar and it's our late night, coming back from travel place. 915 will take a 10 reservation, (call ahead) maybe 10:30 on a Friday night, and upstairs they serve a lighter but yummy menu until midnight, I think, or maybe later.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
492 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late Night Dining After 10pm

Has anyone else done the late night at 915 upstairs? Sounds like that may be cool....see you in paradise

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late Night Dining After 10pm

I remember walking by the Marquesa a little after 10:00 and the place was packed.

PJ

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,513 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late Night Dining After 10pm

Finnegan's Wake is our favorite late night spot. We save Mr. Z's for really late night -- every night. :)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late Night Dining After 10pm

I did a quick search but it seems most places don't really list their closing times.

Blue Heaven's site says it's open until "10ish". Maybe they'd stay open later for you on that Friday.

Mangoes comes up on several sites but still couldn't see a closing time.

Martins (917 duval) shows available tables until 11 pm on the 22nd

http://www.martinskeywest.com/

Check out their menu if you have a drool-proof keyboard!

It's probably best to make reservations and confirm them as soon as you know you'll be able to arrive by 10 pm instead of trying to roll the dice and walking down Duval looking for a place that's open and within your budget. I bet most places would be happy to hold a table for a 10 pm reservation on a Friday night.

Key West
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Late Night Dining After 10pm

"I bet most places would be happy to hold a table for a 10 pm reservation on a Friday night."

Ummmm short answer is NO.

The latest seating I have scene in most places is 9:30 and that is a stretch. I'm sure those involved in the F& B industry can let you know how thrilled they are when someone shows up late and they don't get to go home on time.

Bonez

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Late Night Dining After 10pm

Bonez. Antonias and 915 are two places that are happy to seat a 10 o'clock reservation. I agree. No restaurant will stay open just because you call. (silly idea)and the ones I mentioned specialize in late night I.e. Finnegans and 915.

Key West
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Late Night Dining After 10pm

jdjn,

Was not aware that Antonia's served food later, I know I've had late night bites at Finnegan's . I remember way back when I did some work in the F&B industry and I have a few friends in the F&B industry. I know how frustrating it can be fro them when they are shutting down a kitchen and someone shows up late.

Bonez