We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smokin Tuna- was El Alamo

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Deception Island
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Smokin Tuna- was El Alamo

Just read in the Citizen that Charlie Bauer the old manager at Hogs Breath has leased the property that used to be El Alamo and is opening a new restaurant/bar call the Smokin Tuna.

This could turn out to be a great place yet. Only time will tell.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,291 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smokin Tuna- was El Alamo

I was sorry to see El Alamo would be closing. It was one of those places we meant to check out, but never got around to it.

Frozen North
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smokin Tuna- was El Alamo

We really liked El Alamo for sports games, and cheap beer & wings. Hope the new place is similar.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Smokin Tuna- was El Alamo

Charlie did a great job at the Hog's Breath. I have not been back since he left and the took the Blog off their website

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smokin Tuna- was El Alamo

Smokin Tuna will be THE place to be in Key West. We loved HB when Charlie Bauer was manager...we love songwriters fest..which Charlie Bauer runs. Can't wait until our next visit to Key West. We plan on visiting Smokin Tuna enjoying a drink or two at the bar and listen to some great musicians.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smokin Tuna- was El Alamo

If Scott Kirby AND Charlie Bauer are involved...I'm in. Can't wait to check the place out on my next trip to Key West!

NJ
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Smokin Tuna- was El Alamo

Just saw this in Scott Kirby's newletter. Can't wait to get back to check it out. I am sure it will be a favorite.

"Charlie has assured me we will be open come hell or high water on Friday, June 17. .... if you are anywhere near Cayo Hueso, please come in to see the new place! Dave Edmisten and I will be performing the first week we are open and then Dave joins guitarist extraordinare Chris Clifton at the Tuna, June 23 through June 30. Chris, one of the finest guitarists you’ll ever see, will be returning to play in the Keys for the first time in several years!

We are going to start off with a pretty simple, temporary food menu to get us through the summer, then swing into our full blown menu in the fall. In the meantime “The Tuna” will feature great live music, super drinks, a variety of quality smokin’ merchandise and a great staff! In addition to our regular entertainment schedule, we have already lined up some special music events for the coming months and will be announcing those soon."

4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Smokin Tuna- was El Alamo

Thank you for all the kind words! We are carrying on our tradition of great music, good food, and friendly service.

Hope you all get to come and visit!

Charlie (Tuna) Bauer

Smokin Tuna Saloon

4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Smokin Tuna- was El Alamo

www.smokintunasaloon.com

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smokin Tuna- was El Alamo

Saw this on Scott Kirby's website the other day and promptly added to my list for our November trip! Very much looking forward to this!

Did they bring over any HB bartenders?

Thanks!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,409 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smokin Tuna- was El Alamo

The web page says this is on Charles Street which looks like it's off Duval, but I don't recall a Charles Street. Where is this puppy?

Pjk